Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Chase?

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

How is Chase?

How long out of bankruptcy do you have to wait to build a relationship with Chase? I am currently with a Credit union but there co-op atms and centers are spread out around my county and it is always inconsistent with where I am at. I need a bank that has multiple locations around my area. I was discharged from BK in June. I have 2 installment loans and three current open low utlization cards. Orchard, Secured Cap and First Premier(I know).. 0 balances with gym membership running through orchard.  I am also a AU on my girlfriends Cap 1. The damage was done all accounts that were mine are in IIB other than those accounts my CR are clean except for a charge off from 2009. 

I am just waiting for ALL my inquiries to drop. Until I do apply for anything. Do they do HP for bank account? I was thinking about switching to Chase and start building  a relationship with them. 

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: How is Chase?

I don't know the answer to your questions but let me see, if I can get this thread going for you.

Are you talking about building a relationship with Chase or/and get a Chase CC?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I have a Chase banking account and my bk didn't present a problem for opening an account. As for credit products, don't even waste your time as your bk is way to new. Chase is not bk friendly for credit, however some people have been successful post-bk obtaining credit with them. But IMO, you should tackle some of the many other bk friendly creditors and leave Chase on the back end......like when your bk is gone. 

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 7
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

How long out of bankruptcy do you have to wait to build a relationship with Chase? I am currently with a Credit union but there co-op atms and centers are spread out around my county and it is always inconsistent with where I am at. I need a bank that has multiple locations around my area. I was discharged from BK in June. I have 2 installment loans and three current open low utlization cards. Orchard, Secured Cap and First Premier(I know).. 0 balances with gym membership running through orchard.  I am also a AU on my girlfriends Cap 1. The damage was done all accounts that were mine are in IIB other than those accounts my CR are clean except for a charge off from 2009. 

I am just waiting for ALL my inquiries to drop. Until I do apply for anything. Do they do HP for bank account? I was thinking about switching to Chase and start building  a relationship with them. 

Agree with above. Stay away from chase for credit products for a good 7 years. They are not BK friendly and you will burn a HP. I think you are already doing a good job with your current lines. If you can, try to raise your Capone secured a bit.  You should also be able to qualify for your own Capone card. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Chase.....BOO!!

Message 5 of 7
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone.. I thought chase would be that type of creditor. I am just in need of them temporarily because the bank is everywhere lol.. the co op for credit unions kinda suck in my area. I'm gonna bank with them for now lol
BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 6 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

If you just need cash, I'd just buy a soda and take out $40 somewhere.  It just chaps my hide to pay $6 to withdraw my money. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.