cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before you switch from PFD request to GW?

tag
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

How long before you switch from PFD request to GW?

Just a general question as I am goin gthoruh my own PFD and GW process with several agencies and OCs for me and DH.

How persistent are you with you PFD requests? How long do u take the "No we dont do that, yadda yadda yadda" before u just decide to pay without a delete promise and then GW afterwards?

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long before you switch from PFD request to GW?

@NewbieReed wrote:

Just a general question as I am goin gthoruh my own PFD and GW process with several agencies and OCs for me and DH.

How persistent are you with you PFD requests? How long do u take the "No we dont do that, yadda yadda yadda" before u just decide to pay without a delete promise and then GW afterwards?

Great question...IMO (and IME) I would throw in the towel if:

1) the reporting worsens month after month with added lates (some OCs report monthly post-CO), or

2) the balance goes higher and higher due to interest and waiting becomes cost prohibitive, or
3) there became an immediate risk of being sued, or

4) I was under a timed constraint (e.g. home purchase) and waiting became impossible, or

5) I 100% knew my FICO would increase if I paid it (applies only to CC COs) and I needed the points for whatever reason, or

6) the OC or CA was more likely to accept a GW than a PFD (some are like that).

The only PFD success I had was with Verizon Wireless. I sent over 100 PFDs (no joke) over a 1-1.5 yr period before they caved. Persistence was key. In that example VZW didn't make the reporting worse, but would update the CR from time to time. Success was rare for both PFDs and GWs and my only option was to keep trying. The only time we caved was on an old MCI $80 debt. It appeared 6 months before our mortgage app and after 5 months of trying, I had no choice but to pay it as it became a condition with our lender.

Message 2 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Its good to hear other people's experiences as you try to measure your own tolerance, create your own path, and strive for success in this rebuilding process.

Thanks, Ilecs, for your response.

Message 3 of 7
maluba
Regular Contributor

I can tell you from other people's experiences here (and I think they are one of your baddies too from previous posts) that Midland is one of those that you might have to pay first and then GW later. Anyone can feel free to correct me. Looks like that's what I'll have to do.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@maluba wrote:

I can tell you from other people's experiences here (and I think they are one of your baddies too from previous posts) that Midland is one of those that you might have to pay first and then GW later. Anyone can feel free to correct me. Looks like that's what I'll have to do.

As far as midland goes -- Ive lost all hope with them, but I will continue to harass them to no avail.... lol. i PIF in sept 2012  (i think, maybe aug) and I am GWing them until they are so tired of me that theyll want my account gone. lol

Message 5 of 7
maluba
Regular Contributor

Funny story, NewbieReed: I was in my inbox just now, abotu to send you some contacts I had for Midland, then I realized that you were the one who sent them to me in the first place. smh, lol

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Haha! Yep. i distributed a butt load of contacts. All of which have received COUNTLESS emails from me. no updates yet, but at least nothing is bouncing back. someone is getting them somewhere. And one day, they will give up on my account. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.