Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do Inquiries effect your score

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

How long do Inquiries effect your score

Hi,

Last year I bought a car and the dealership ran my credit to several lenders. Just in Equifax I had 8 inquiries of that  day. Then some creditors where I applied for credit ran my credit 2 times. Now I have 12 inquiries just in the last 12 months. How long with each inquiry effect my score? How will the lenders look at and infer these number of inquiries?

Chanduwar

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: How long do Inquiries effect your score

When a dealer runs your credit it is scored by Fico as only 1 INQ if done within a 2 week time frame. INQ's will only affect your score for 1 yr but will remain on for 2 yrs

Message 2 of 8
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

OK!! I hope you are right. I just bought my Equifax report, it says 12 inquiries, including the inquiries made by the dealer which is 7.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 8
RENATO1

How did the 12 inquiries affect your score? Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat I have 20 inquires based off what the dealerships ran last year. Then i trying to refinance and the same thing happening...My year is coming up on the 17th so I hope there is a small fico point increase.
Message 6 of 8
Timbrooks08
New Contributor

I was always told fico only scores the first ten so if that's true I'm guessing 20 inq would be the same as having 10 but having twenty could spook the lender.
Message 7 of 8
RENATO1

Appreciate the comment.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.