cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Midland take to delete after they agree to?

tag
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

How long does Midland take to delete after they agree to?

For those that have gotten deletions with Midland Credit Management, hold long did it take until the reporting disappeared from your credit report? They are only on EQ and TU for me at this time. EX already went away.

I have a letter in hand stating that they will delete, but it's over a week old. I know I probably should be more patient but I saw Cavalry delete within a few days on EQ. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: How long does Midland take to delete after they agree to?

Not sure why it takes longer with one CRA than another.

For an entire account deletion, it is done manually at the CRA and not through e-Oscar.

It can take a while sometimes.

If it is a GW deletion, just be patient.

Message 2 of 30
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

I know, I know. I'll try. I'm just excited to see it go. It was a paid account and is reporting nothing due but pulls up as currently delinquent and open.

It also was a recent addition with an old dofd but newish open date. So it looked very bad. (It got added well after $0 status).
Message 3 of 30
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@n0smirc wrote:
I know, I know. I'll try. I'm just excited to see it go. It was a paid account and is reporting nothing due but pulls up as currently delinquent and open.

It also was a recent addition with an old dofd but newish open date. So it looked very bad. (It got added well after $0 status).

Man, how'd you get them to agree to a full delete?  I have a prior, paid-off collection with them and now a recent one that I just paid off, and on neither did they agree to delete.  Just the $0.00 balance.  I would LOVE to be able to get full DELETES for these two CLs!!!!

And yeah, I'm wondering too how long it's going to take my credit report to update from this most recent payoff with them.  I keep refreshing every day, but even though I paid this off on December 12th, it still hasn't updated.  Smiley Sad

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 4 of 30
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

+1.  Please share how you arranged for a Midland delete.  Thank you and congrats!

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 5 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@n0smirc wrote:

It would be the date reported that hurt you. 

Congrats on getting them to delete though.

Message 6 of 30
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

I'll send you a PM.

@Pigeyex wrote:

@n0smirc wrote:

Man, how'd you get them to agree to a full delete?  I have a prior, paid-off collection with them and now a recent one that I just paid off, and on neither did they agree to delete.  Just the $0.00 balance.  I would LOVE to be able to get full DELETES for these two CLs!!!!

And yeah, I'm wondering too how long it's going to take my credit report to update from this most recent payoff with them.  I keep refreshing every day, but even though I paid this off on December 12th, it still hasn't updated.  Smiley Sad

Pigeye

Message 7 of 30
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@n0smirc,
Please PM me the info as well.....have a tradeline with Midland on my reports too. :-(
Thanks in advance for your help.
AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 8 of 30
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Sent both of you a PM. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@n0smirc wrote:

I'll send you a PM.

@Pigeyex wrote:

@n0smirc wrote:

Pigeye

They are required to update to a paid status immediately. 

Not sure if they are waiting for their normal update cycle but if it isn't showing paid by the end of 2 weeks I would contact them and remind them of their responsibility to do so.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.