cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Midland take to delete after they agree to?

tag
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does Midland take to delete after they agree to?

Just as a followup, after they deleted my EQ Fico went up to 682 from a 659, my TU Fico score went from a 660 to a 685!  My EX had already gone up to a 692 - they were already gone from EX when the lender pulled. Very happy now!  (The open date was listed this past summer, that's probably why it had a decent impact). 

Smiley Happy   The GW letters to try and get some old late payments off from when I had my heart problems and changed my lifestyle to improve my health (quit a dead-end, stressful job & worked on finishing school) have fallen on mostly deaf ears so I think I'm now in the age and improve stage. 

Oh, and my starting score just this time last year was....    498! (EQ)  I was too mortified to look at my other scores.

Message 21 of 30
SweetCandy73
Established Member

Can you please send along this information to me as well? As I'm one with a collectionwith Midland 

One Day at a Time
Message 22 of 30
GOLF81
New Contributor

Could you please PM me the "delete" info.  I'm dealing with Midland too and trying to get an FHA.

TU - 550 / EQ - 521 all from myFICO as of 3/3/13
TU - 558 / EQ - 573 all from myFICO as of 3/23/13
TU - 610 / EQ - 603 / EX 655 - all from myfico as of 1.22.14
TU - 632 / EQ - 619 / EX - 673... all from myfico 3.15.14
TU - 658 / EQ - 619 / EX - 659 ... all from myfico 3.31.14
Message 23 of 30
DevilDawg235
Established Member

Can you please PM that info as well?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 507
Current Score: 515
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 30
methorian
Valued Member

I hate to butt in on your thread, and hopefully you're still around, but I'd LOVE to have some info on how you handled Midland. I've just tackled RJM and Midland is next. I actually just received a notice that they have acquired my Asset Acceptance account too, so I'm in for a haul with my two accounts with them...

Message 25 of 30
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@methorian wrote:

I hate to butt in on your thread, and hopefully you're still around, but I'd LOVE to have some info on how you handled Midland. I've just tackled RJM and Midland is next. I actually just received a notice that they have acquired my Asset Acceptance account too, so I'm in for a haul with my two accounts with them...

No problem, methor -- butt away.  Serves as a free "bump" lol.

(btw, the Midland settlement just hit my reports this morning with the $0.00 balance -- yayy!!!  Added bonus of all little green "OK"s for 2013, too!  (of course it still shows as Collection account, settled for less than full balance, etc.).  Interestingly, while my Experian and TransUnion scores went UP, my Equifax score went DOWN (re-bucketing maybe??)  I've got one more to fall of off Equifax so we'll see what happens when that one updates.

Methorian, I wish I had some clever trick or something I used with Midland, but basically NOTHING that I tried with them worked.  Tried communicating with them via fax (since they're so slimy, and b/c I don't trust them and would want anythign we agreed to to be in writing anyway), and they ignored every fax I ever sent them.  They also turned down every lowball (10-15 cents on the dollar, since i was outside of the SOL and they couldn't legally go after me anymore) offer I made them, even by phone.  Tried doing it on the last day of the month, tried saying "I can afford to pay off ONE old collection, so I'm looking for the best offer I can get," etc.  Nothing worked.  Since I am trying to refinance my mortgage and I need this one settled, I finally just gave them their offer of about 67 cents on the dollar and washed my hands of it.

I think even though they likely buy some of this junk debt at 3-8 cents on the dollar, they just sit on it -- offering nothing more than payment plans or 40% off if you pay lump-sun -- because they know that eventually guys like you and me are going to need to settle for whatever reason, so they're willing to wait maybe?

At least that's my theory.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 26 of 30
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, OP -- I thought this was my thread since I do have one going re:  Midland.  Sorry for the hijack.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 27 of 30
MysticcalFX
Valued Member

Can I get a PM with midland info? tried everything I found, nothing helpful.

Message 28 of 30
carolP

Hello- Wld you be able to to tell me how you got them to delete it?  I have paid one off and it's still showing with a balance, it's been over 2 weeks.  But truly I would like them to delete it complete. Please help me!!! Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 30
bear812c
Regular Contributor

could you share with me how you got them to delete?? 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.