cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Transunion take to update on granted early exclusion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does Transunion take to update on granted early exclusion?

Good morning,

I have a couple questions. First, I called Transunion on Monday evening to request an early exclusion for an old car repo that is due to fall off in the next couple months. The front line person wouldn’t help at all, so I spoke to a supervisor, he looked over everything and said that “since it’s getting close to the drop off date for that account, I can go ahead & delete it”.. he put me on hold a couple minutes, and came back to inform me it had been deleted. I was so relieved!

But when I checked an updated version of my report the next morning, the repo was still there.

I thought that maybe they weren’t as fast at updating as Experian is (called last Thursday night about the same account, it was gone on the next report update). But it’s now Friday, and the old repo account is still there, from what I can tell. I’m just wondering if it takes a few days to update with Transunion, or what? Should I call them back to confirm it’s removed?

Also, I had a old collection from ATT Wireless on my report, it fell off last week.. but after doing some investigating, I’m thinking that it’s just gone to another collection agency, as it appears Credence Resource Management did a soft pull on my report back on April 11. How long do I have before it re-appears? From looking at my old Credit Karma reports, the old collection jumped from ERC to DCI & back, with it usually coming back within a couple months. What I’m wondering is, would it be worth it to call Credence & asking if they’d refrain from reporting if I agree to pay it off in 3 or 4 payments... the bill is $2350, it’d be impossible to pay the whole thing all at once right now. I saw on an old thread here of someone saying that Credence accepted their settlement & would even accept a payment plan for it. When I logged into my old ATT account (yep it still works), it listed the amount due & said that it had been handed off to Credence.... so would it be a good idea to call them ahead of them reporting it to the CRAs?

It just worries me, because I’ve worked pretty hard the last few months cleaning up my big credit mess.. from a 502 EX FICO back in August.... to a 641 today (no collections, only one 30-day late from December on my car loan).... it’d be higher than a 641, but I have 47% credit card utilization....a week from now I’m paying them down to below 30% & I think I’ll finally be in the 670-680 range with that. I’ll have them all paid off by early June & the simulator says the score could be 710-715 by then, so it’s understandable why I’d like to keep this ATT collection off!

Any help or insight would be so helpful. Thanks so much!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long does Transunion take to update on granted early exclusion?

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Could take a day or two on the EE if not done by mid week next call again and get another supervisor on the line and ask for it again.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, and the welcome! Been lurking here the last few weeks, have gotten invaluable knowledge regarding FICO scoring & methods of maximum score. I’ll know Monday if the old repo was deleted, that’s when my next CK update is. Here’s hoping it’s gone. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. He confirmed that he deleted it “since it’s so close to the fall-off date”. Thanks again for the reply. Should have an EX FICO score of 681+ after the Merrick Bank payoff reports ($865) this Thursday.

My GM Financial car loan shows “delinquent” and 30 days late, with a last update of 12/27. I expect it’ll update to “current” by Thursday, too. I know the 30 day late will hurt the score in the present, but since the only update they’ve sent to the CRAs show a current status of 30 days late & hasnt reported since December, could I possibly get a modest bump in score when they update to show it’s now current?

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the response, and the welcome! Been lurking here the last few weeks, have gotten invaluable knowledge regarding FICO scoring & methods of maximum score. I’ll know Monday if the old repo was deleted, that’s when my next CK update is. Here’s hoping it’s gone. I don’t see why it wouldn’t. He confirmed that he deleted it “since it’s so close to the fall-off date”. Thanks again for the reply. Should have an EX FICO score of 681+ after the Merrick Bank payoff reports ($865) this Thursday.

My GM Financial car loan shows “delinquent” and 30 days late, with a last update of 12/27. I expect it’ll update to “current” by Thursday, too. I know the 30 day late will hurt the score in the present, but since the only update they’ve sent to the CRAs show a current status of 30 days late & hasnt reported since December, could I possibly get a modest bump in score when they update to show it’s now current?

Thanks again!

If these are the only derogs then I would say you will get a bump in Fico score if there are others the increase will be muted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.