cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Experian to respond to a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for Experian to respond to a dispute?

I mailed in a packet to EX that contained copies of older CR that showed a discrepancy on some TL (They are being re-aged) I sent it CMRRR and I received the GC back about a week ago but I have not heard anything from EX and when I check online there is still no disputes showing. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for EX to respond and if not what should my next course of action be? Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for Experian to respond to a dispute?

No one has any idea? Surely they have to respond to my complaint
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't hear back from them until the thirty days were up, but I also did it online so it showed right away what I was disputing.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wait 45 days from when they signed the GC then call if you didn't hear anything.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked online and the TL in question now show in dispute. So, now I guess it's just a waiting game.
Message 5 of 6
diva0969
Regular Contributor

I disputed a few items with them a few days ago (probably not a good idea in retrospect), and I heard from them in about three days on one of the accounts and the other three are still pending.
Starting Scores: 12/14/14 FICO EQ: 579 EXP: 586 TU: 591
Current Scores: 12/29/15 FICO EQ: 643 EXP: 667 TU: 670
Goal: 750

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.