cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for Discover It & Cap One to Report New Account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long for Discover It & Cap One to Report New Account?

In the last month and half, we've made good progress on my husband's credit reports.  There is one collection left that we will be paying off at the end of the month.  We are waiting on one account to update as a $0 balance since it was paid.  We aren't seeing much improved in his scores and I am hoping that will change once his new account starts reporting.  His Discover It Secured arrived today and the Cap One secured will be here soon.  How long does it normally take for these two to start reporting to the CRAs?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long for Discover It & Cap One to Report New Account?

I can't speak on discover. But I got my capital one QS in the beginning of February and it still hasn't reported yet. So maybe a couple of statements.
Message 2 of 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

CAP1 will report a few days after the first statement cuts.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap1 (unsecured) reported the day after the first statement cut. My Discover (unsecured) reported before I got the card in the mail. I don't know how normal that is. It may have had something to do with when during the monthly cycle I was approved, but I have no real idea.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 reports after first statement ... The CRAs are sometimes slow to add ... I'm nearing my second statement date and still not on my reports. But a chat rep told me yesterday it has reported
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover approved me on 2/8 for secured it. Card arrived 2/21 and statement cut 2/27. They were reporting on 3/1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.