Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait for updated FICO score upon deleted collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to wait for updated FICO score upon deleted collection

It's been two years in the making, but I finally received the dispute status to my only collection, and it is as follows:

This item has been deleted from the credit file. 

I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  Of course, I wanted to see an immediate change to my Equifax FICO score.  As this dispute is dated on March 14th, how long should I expect it to take to see a change on myfico.com?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to wait for updated FICO score upon deleted collection

If you are asking how long it will take to get a SW alert......they usually lag behind 2 days to a week.

If you are asking how long until you can pull a new report and it reflect the deletion.......as soon as it no longer appears on your EQ report, it won't/shouldn't appear on the report you pull here that the score is based on.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it's been 5 days since the notification of the deletion.  If I were to pull my report and a new score (without waiting for the SW alert), will the FICO score that I pull reflect the deletion even though the SW alert hasn't been triggered yet (can you tell I'm a bit anxious to see the end of this nightmare!?).

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ycoidi2000 wrote:

So, it's been 5 days since the notification of the deletion.  If I were to pull my report and a new score (without waiting for the SW alert), will the FICO score that I pull reflect the deletion even though the SW alert hasn't been triggered yet (can you tell I'm a bit anxious to see the end of this nightmare!?).

Thanks!

It should.

Sometimes SW gets in a funk and don't work as it should. Also, depending on your settings could be the reason.

Let us know what happens!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and purchased my score.  It has gone up to 59 points to 744 since my last SW.  I'm not happy that I'm paying for a service and I had to PAY to get my score again, but I am happy that my score did change.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!

What is your target score set at?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ycoidi2000 wrote:

I am suprised you didn't receive an alert. Check your alert history and see if you received an alert you didn't remember or looked over that increased your score past this mark.
Message 8 of 9
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the jump!

BTW Anytime you get an "account has been deleted" message from a CRA, you can pull your report immediately and see the the change. Just some info for your future successes!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.