cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until settled accounts are reported to bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long until settled accounts are reported to bureaus?

So I settled with a bunch of accounts over the last few weeks (YAY!) but nothing is updated on my credit reports yet, which is fine. I am just trying to get a sense of how long it will actually take to see positive improvement Smiley Happy

Cap 1 told me they wait 22 days until after payment to update to make sure nothing gets returned. Those were paid on 7/27, so 22 days is 8/18. How quick is Cap 1 in general? 

LVNV was settled on 7/12. They sent me a letter that they will update credit bureaus after 8/12. Do they update the orig acct or do I need to? That was Credit One.

Barclays was settled last week on Wednesday. I assume they take a while.

Credit First / Tires Plus - settled on 7/24. Got a letter today that they will report to orig creditor. 

Does anyone have a reference about speed of updates? I know it will take some time, so I don't want to sit here and stare at my credit reports. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long until settled accounts are reported to bureaus?

From my personal experience, anywhere between 30-45 days was the norm for me. Although I did have 1 that updated within 2 days. 

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hard to say, but most lenders usually follow the 30-60 day time frame, which doesn't include CRA processing time (which could be up to another 30 days). Patience is key. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! So I'll expect September-ish. Fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.