Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Hard Inquiries is reasonable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many Hard Inquiries is reasonable?

I have 1 on TU and EQ and then 2 on EX. But looking to get a car in the next couple of weeks, but what if I decide not to get one because of the interests they may give me. Is it going to lower my score very much?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Hard Inquiries is reasonable?

vesper wrote:
I have 1 on TU and EQ and then 2 on EX. But looking to get a car in the next couple of weeks, but what if I decide not to get one because of the interests they may give me. Is it going to lower my score very much?

How old are the inquiries you have?

The more you have the less each hurt until they hurt no more......

Just as an example(not based on anything certain, just to demonstrate)

1st inq = -6
2nd inq = -4
3rd inq = -2
4th inq= -0

and so forth........

I say this because my spouse had an inquiry removed from EQ that was from February. No FAKO score change. Of course, could've had a FICO score change. It was 1 of 4 inquiries on EQ.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-15-2008 03:10 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 is almost 2 years old and the other is a few months old. I know that I have that 2 week window....just wasn't sure if I decide not to get a car in 2 weeks and try a couple of months away if it will effect me.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

vesper wrote:
1 is almost 2 years old and the other is a few months old. I know that I have that 2 week window....just wasn't sure if I decide not to get a car in 2 weeks and try a couple of months away if it will effect me.

The one that is over a year old is not affecting score.

The other is. I would expect some sort of drop. I can't guess how much, maybe try to score simulator.

As for the 2 week window, that is ONLY if the puller codes them all as auto.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.