Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards to rebuild?

tag
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

How many cards to rebuild?

I've been reading that three open revolving lines are optimal for a higher fico score. I'm wondering just how much of a difference in scoring there will be with 2 cards instead of three. I have a clean file and 5 old positive closed accounts. Just wondering if I can hit the 750s with two secured cards after six months instead of three. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: How many cards to rebuild?

People say three but I believe two is sufficient. Its possible but its really hard to tell how much your scores will gain or lose in any given length of time. Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: How many cards to rebuild?

@abundancejones wrote:

I've been reading that three open revolving lines are optimal for a higher fico score. I'm wondering just how much of a difference in scoring there will be with 2 cards instead of three. I have a clean file and 5 old positive closed accounts. Just wondering if I can hit the 750s with two secured cards after six months instead of three. 

Welcome to the forum 

You can achieve mid 700 scores with 2 cards 

What's more important in achieving high scores with any profile is time ......= AAoA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.