Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquiries do you have???

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

How many inquiries do you have???

I've been on an app spree ever since my credit have improved. From 422 back in February 2012 to now 618. I have about 33 inquiries and about 20 of them within the month of December. I'm feeling really bad and guilty now and I know it's gonna be 2 years till they fall off. After reading this forum and the success stories, I'm compelled to built my credit and "NO MORE APPS" for me for awhile. How many inquiries do you have?? Maybe if some of you have almost as much, I'll feel a little better.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: How many inquiries do you have???

9 on TU, 3 each on EX/EQ.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

one on tu, and two on eq.

dh has one total.

Message 3 of 17
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

8 on all 3

Message 4 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

3 across the board

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Should be 1 only at 10 month, on EQ. Had herds more than that at one point.

Message 6 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I've been on an app spree ever since my credit have improved. From 422 back in February 2012 to now 618. I have about 33 inquiries and about 20 of them within the month of December. I'm feeling really bad and guilty now and I know it's gonna be 2 years till they fall off. After reading this forum and the success stories, I'm compelled to built my credit and "NO MORE APPS" for me for awhile. How many inquiries do you have?? Maybe if some of you have almost as much, I'll feel a little better.

Dont feel bad cuz i did the same mistake a few months ago...saw that my credit improved and thought i would just try and apply for every credit card out there (bad decision). I have 5 on TU, 18 on EX and 11 on EQ. My last application was 10/10/12 (1 on TU) before that was 8/12/12 and thats when i applied for quite a few credit cards (10 in total that month). I did however tried to get an auto loan in Jan.2012 (no success) and then again July 2012 (success there). So about 10 of those total inquries are from auto banks. Just be patient and garden for at least 6 months or even better a year.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 17
starry1
Valued Contributor

I really wish they'd quit dinging my TU (those are all auto loan inquiries except for two). And I'm in the west, so it doesn't make sense why TU is the go-to CRA. I wish I could find someone guaranteed to pull EX, I'd willingly get denied just so I can see my real score.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 8 of 17
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Thank you for that, I really appreciate the vote of confident. I guess it comes to a certain point where I felt confident and went on an app binge. Well this year definitely no more apps. for awhile. I alreay have what I need to rebuilt. A secured Cap1 for about 1yr now, unsecured Orchard for about 2.5yr, just got a Walmart, Target and Wells Fargo secured so I think that's enough for now. As guess as my credit gets stronger, I'll be more conservative on the card choice that I apply for. I'm also looking at an auto loan as well. Oh no....more inquiries!!!

Message 9 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I really wish they'd quit dinging my TU (those are all auto loan inquiries except for two). And I'm in the west, so it doesn't make sense why TU is the go-to CRA. I wish I could find someone guaranteed to pull EX, I'd willingly get denied just so I can see my real score.

well looking at your scores i would assume your EX score is along the lines with the other two. Chances are you will most likely get denied for a prime card at the moment so i wouldnt take my chances going that route. American Express is known to pull EX on the west coast (Im in nevada and thats what they pulled and when by that score when i recieved the denial letter) My EX fico score according to them was 675 at that time. Just garden and take care of the credit cards you have now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.