cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquiriesare considered by lenders to be " too many, excessive"? Ball park ?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

How many inquiriesare considered by lenders to be " too many, excessive"? Ball park ?

I'm curious about what might be considered "too many inquiries" by lenders.

I currently have one inq on Eq; I have one inq on EX and I have like 7 inqs on TU but of the 7, fico is holidng three against, it will be two in Nov.

I want to get one more card - think i'll try for the Macy's Visa but will wait a little on this, timing has to be right. They pull EX.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many inquiriesare considered by lenders to be " too many, excessive"? Ball park ?

Please look at the FICO eduation section and there are statictics  that shows that the average person has about 2 inquires per year.   I also find MSN money section helpful.   You can put in you zip code and find out the average FICO of others in you area and  the average inquires per year.  In my area the average inquiry is 2. Therfore aconsidering math as we were thought (mode, median, etc)  anything above the median inquiry (2)  will be excessive.  Also bear in mind that each lender set their own internal cut off point.   
Message 2 of 3
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: How many inquiriesare considered by lenders to be " too many, excessive"? Ball park ?

Thanks Credit Wise...I'll check that out! appreciate your response.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.