Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much balance I can carry - AZEO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much balance I can carry - AZEO

My car broke down and I had to get it fixed. I don’t have much cash so was wondering how much maximum balance I can carry to stay in AZEO?

I have 3 CC and my limits are $3850, $3500 and $7900

Please help! My closing date is on 23rd on all 3 CCs
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much balance I can carry - AZEO

One card at less than 9%

so if you have a big repair - take the $7900 card x .089 (or 8.9%) and that gives you $703.10 you can report.

Message 2 of 5
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand the question...

AZEO means all zero except one. It doesn't specify a balance maximum for the One.

How much balance you can carry without getting other penalties is related to your credit limits.

AZEO isn't a maintenance diet. It's a specific optimization that results in a few points if gain for many profiles.

Pick a card to pay it with thinking of these things: will this charge put the card above 39% utilization? Will I pay a ton in interest if I put it on this card? Which card will give me the best reward for having used it until I reach into my emergency fund and pay it off?

Note the emergency fund part, this is what it's for.

Note the not paying a ton in interest, that's not how you're supposed to use a credit card. Ignore that party where it says minimum payment. The minimum payment should always be the full balance, unless you're in a zero percent period.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that AZEO does not have a memory. So you only need to do when you want to prop up your score for a credit app or loan. You seem to have an emergency. Get your situation sorted first. Worry about AZEO after. Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

+1 I agree. Unless you are in the process of a car loan or mortgage, don't worry AZEO if need be, the whole one card and <8.9% of that card balance is optimal is what you really strive for on major loans as mentioned. Only try to not let it exceed over 28.9%, if it needs to go higher, as long as it gets paid down and not carried over month after month after month. You just do not want to totally go max line of credit or over even half it you can swing it. It is correct that it has no memory, sure it might take a dip till you can get AZEO or the percent you want, but is definitely not a worry if you definitely need repairs. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.