Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much longer???

tag
bd1980
Established Member

How much longer???

Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much longer???

@bd1980 wrote:
Just getting frustrated. I guess this is kinda like a grown up "Are we there yet?!" Lol. My credit has been stuck around 600 for a while now. I financed a new Harley in August, set up automatic withdrawal payments where I'm paying more than $100 extra every month, been utilizing a Capital One card (using the tips from members here). When can I expect some big jump? If I would miss ONE payment a day late, I'm sure it would probably drop 50 points or so. I'm trying my best here and it seems like nothing is changing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the vent haha.

Hey there! I know that it feels like forever - FICO scores are time dependent though, so as long as u keep plugging, u will see a major jump. Great job keeping up with ur payments and utilization. Do u have any other cards tho? From what I hear, the magic # of revolving accts is supposedly 3. Maybe a secured card will work for u as well. How about ur CR - any baddies to GW or get removed? Whats ur AAoA? Im sure that the experts here will want to know more about ur CR to give u some sound advice. 

Best of luck! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

The biggest thing to remember is that time heals all

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Dont be overly paranoid about making a payment "one day late."

That is not a reportable delinquency to a CRA.  A reportable 30-late is based on being more than 30 days past the billing due date, not the billing date.

You have a 30-day window after an account becomes delinquent before a delinquency becomes reportable.

Message 4 of 8
bd1980
Established Member

Thank you, I paid off a couple old collections, tried GW's, nothing happened with them yet. Like you said, I just have to be patient. I am willing to try another CC but not sure which one to get or go for. I don't want to take another hard hit on my credit. Thank you again for the replies.
Message 5 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

Message 6 of 8
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

Have u tried the shopping cart trick for a store card?  Try Victoria's secret, buckle, express.....etc

+1  I got VS with the trick in December w/o a pull Smiley Happy YAY! I suggest that u check the CC side of the forums for the lsit of SP CCs with the shopping cart trick. 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
bd1980
Established Member

Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.