cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I offer Financial Recovery Services to settle my Barclay account

tag
LindaLou1
Established Member

How much should I offer Financial Recovery Services to settle my Barclay account

Back in September 2018 I couldn't meet my CC payments. I sent letters explaining the reason and that I would start paying again as soon as I got back on my feet. One of them was Barclay. I started receiving letters from Financial Recovery Services in December of that same year pretty consistently. They show a charge off date of November 29, 2018. I just now am at the point that I can take care of this. 
My questions: FRS does not show on my credit report but Barclay just recently posted showing it to be closed with a balance due of $1754 and no late payments. Who do I call to settle this account? How much should I offer? I don't have a clue how much to tell them! Any suggestions? I want to get to them before they decide to post late payments to my report. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: How much should I offer Financial Recovery Services to settle my Barclay account

Hello and welcome to the forums, @LindaLou1 

It appears Barclay still owns the debt and CA is collecting on their behalf. 

Since they aren't reporting separately, it really doesn't matter who you call, Barclay will probably tell you to contact CA.

Whatever you decide to do, hurry up before internal audit discovers inaccuracies and reports true payment history. 

I really don't think anyone can tell you what happens after payment is made, hopefully it just reports as paid and that's the end of that story.  

Message 2 of 9
LindaLou1
Established Member

Re: How much should I offer Financial Recovery Services to settle my Barclay account

OK!! But how much would you offer???? I have never done this before and I didn't not have a clue! Any suggestions?!?!

Message 3 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@LindaLou1 wrote:

OK!! But how much would you offer???? I have never done this before and I didn't not have a clue! Any suggestions?!?!

Just start low and go as high as you are able to/as low as they'll accept.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And if you are asking for PFD and they agree, be sure to get that in writing before making the payment.
Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@LindaLou1 wrote:

You can offer whatever and see what they say. The reason I'm not throwing any percentages in there is because you said account isn't reporting as delinquent, so any internal accounting is bound to run into those lates. 

This sometimes happens during disputes (I know you aren't disputing, just using it as an example) when someone disputes a single late, but audit finds additional ones that fell through the cracks. 

Payment in full would avoid reconciliation on their end. Partial payment (settlement) might bring lates to life. 

So if you're more interested in saving money than preserving status of this account, I'd offer 30%-40% and go from there. 

Message 6 of 9
LindaLou1
Established Member

Most definitely I can't forget that! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE !

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Since Barclay isnt reporting as late I would pay them in full and hopefully no one will have to actually take a look at how its reporting or it gettinr reported as settled for less.

Message 8 of 9
LindaLou1
Established Member

Thank you for your help!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.