Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I offer for PFD

tag
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Re: How much should I offer for PFD

Ok.. So I called them, and no dice.. They're saying they are not willing to settle for less than 640.00 because the account is in pre legal status. I offered 500.. On a 810.51 debt. So I'm really not sure what to do now. As that was the amount that was set aside to settle this account. Any advice would be appreciated!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If by pre-legal, they mean they’re preparing to file suit to get their money, you may want to take that offer of $640. You don’t want the hassle of court and the likelihood of a judgment on your reports. You imply that you have $500 budgeted for this - call and ask if you can take the $640 offer but if you can pay $500 now and the balance in a month (or whatever timeframe you can afford - do NOT set up a deadline you can’t make).
Message 12 of 15
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Ok.. I just sent my mother a text to see how she wanted to handle this. I may just call back tomorrow. The collection agent disposition was nasty, and she was hard to understand! If I do the payment arraignment. Should I request something in writing?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would, just for peace of mind - ask them to mail/email you a receipt for the $500 payment that indicates the agreed-upon remaining balance and its due date. You likely won’t need it but it’s better to get it while doing this than trying later.
Message 14 of 15
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Thank You..
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.