cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I offer to have these collections removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much should I offer to have these collections removed?

going to send out pay for delete letters, but was wondering how much I should offer to have these removed. What amount do you think I can get away with paying?

PHOENIX FINANCIAL SERVICES LLC
Date opened Jan 19 2018
$970

STANISLAUS CREDIT CONTROL
Date opened March 2015
$270
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much should I offer to have these collections removed?

Most collection agencies want at LEAST 50%. I have heard of some people getting a little lower than that but by REALLY pulling teeth for a period of time. I, on the other hand, could not for the life of me get any pay for deletes. I settled 50 percent. Terms: Balance is $0, account paid, account closed, cannot be pursued in litigation but has the remark "settled for less than". However, TransUnion is reporting the ACTUAL remaining 50 percent balance. All credit bureaus updated (as agreed upon with collection agency) to $0 balance except them. I disputed and they have a remark that says "Meets FCRA requirements ". DO NOT give any collection agencies over 50 percent! They will always take the 50 percent. If you're a good talker try to get it lower. LOL
I am gonna try goodwill letters to try and get it removed or at least remarked to paid in full. Hence the word "TRY" 🤷🤷 Good Luck!
Message 2 of 5
cappaccinodagreat
Valued Member

Might be hard to get that recent once settled for under 50%, but I'd start by offering $90 for the older one (33%). But remember, if you have the money, its probably worth it to pay more than you really want to in order to get the delete. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends if the agency ows the debt, or is just collecting on behalf of the creditor. If they do not own it, you'll have to pay 100% most likely. Otherwise, 40% is what you should expect them to take and if youre very lucky 50%. They will not delete for less than that in most cases. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 collection: you could settle for 50 percent. 2018 is more recent. They will try to get full balance or about at least 70%. But don't just agree. Go back and forth with them. They always eventually agree to at least 50% to settle. Make sure you get it in writing before sending a payment.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.