Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will it help my credit to remove late marks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much will it help my credit to remove late marks

I just recently got a reply from one of my old student loan companies saying they will remove all of the late marks on my credit report as a goodwill. there are five separate accounts with them on my report with an average of 15 different late marks on each account starting from the middle of 06 to the end of 2009. Will this possibly raise my score or will it just look better for future credit inquiries? Any advice is appreciated
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How much will it help my credit to remove late marks

It should benefit both ways.

The degree of score increase as the result of dropping of derogs will be dependent upon what other derogs still remain in your CR.

Being clear of derogs will put you in a clean scoring bracket, thus making further improvements in other areas a bit more significant.

Message 2 of 4
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, who are your loan servicers and where did you send the letter. I would like to goodwill one of my student loan servicers...I think mine is Direct Loans.
EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had five original accounts with panhandle plains student loans. That is the company who is going to remove late marks. However those five accounts were consolidated into three accounts with acs. So I am still working on getting lates removed with acs and aes student loans
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.