cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often to deleted accounts pop back up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often to deleted accounts pop back up?

So I have had quite a bit of success in knocking ALL but 1 of my 11 derog accounts off my TU report. Now I find myself paranoid that they will repeatedly pop back up when other CA's buy them.

Does this happen often? If so how do you stay on top of it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: How often to deleted accounts pop back up?

Would like to know the answer to this also, BUMP!
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Keep your DV templates on "standby." Amounts being collected on, age of debt, and the individual's collection score determine how hard they're going to come after you.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This only works depending on how you got the tradeline removed (for instance, if the OC or CA agreed to take it off rather than disputing via the CRAs), but I made sure to get the CA I was dealing with to put in writing that not only will they tell the credit bureau's to delete all information pertaining to the account, but that they will not sell the account to anyone else.

I accomplished this via CFPB and BBB complaints. 

Message 4 of 5
kjel
Established Contributor

I had a PFD come off of TU only to appear several months later on EQ. I was not happy as you can imagine. Called the CA, they claimed they don't report to EQ and to call them directly. I did and it was deleted within 10 days. Just keep an eye on your reports.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.