Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I get Rid of a Judgement Lien.

tag
rjohson
Established Member

How to I get Rid of a Judgement Lien.

Sears placed a judgentment lien agains my property in 2007, I just found out about it two days ago. I called Sears, to try and settle this debt, and they told me they no longer have the debt that it was sold. Sears told me they Sold it to collector ABC . I contacted ABC and they told me that they too do not own the debt, and that they sold it to collector XYZ, So I contact collector XYZ, and XYZ tells me that they do not own the debt, they said ABC owns it.  So im getting bonced around betewwn people who are not claiming the debt. My question is Can I go to the Courts and file a motion to have them release the liene based on the fact that no one is claiming the debt???, I live in connecticut the lien here is good for 20 years. Any information will be greatyl appreciated. Also how do i go about negotiating a lesseor amount to pay?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: How to I get Rid of a Judgement Lien.

Was it Sears or was it Citibank that sued you and obtained judgement? If they did obtain judgement and then sold your debt, do you have anything on your credit report that shows the transfer of the Sears/ Citbank credit card to the debt buyer?  

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.