Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check CRA updates...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to check CRA updates...

I recently submitted DV letters to the CA's on my debts that showed up on my credit report. How can I check to see if the CA is still reporting to the CRA or how would I know if they aren't? I tried searching for the info...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to check CRA updates...

Obtaining an updated credit report is the only way to determine what updates are  currently of record.

You can purchase through any number of commercial vendors, order directly from the CRA, or use a free request via annualcreditreport.com if you have not obtained your free annual report from a given CRA within the last 12 months.

Your DV request only imposes a cease collection bar if it was timely, meaning send either prior to having received any dunning notice, or within 30 days after receipt of dunning notice.

Was your DV timely?

If not, the debt collector would be under no cease collection bar.....

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember ever recieving a dunning letter. I noticed the reports on my credit report when I did the annualcreditreport a couple weeks ago.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then is your intent to challenge any continued updated reporting by the debt collector as a violation of the cease collection bar imposed under FDCPA 809(b)?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean if it's reported than I would like to. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.