cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with a collection not listed on report?

tag
tangerinze
New Contributor

How to deal with a collection not listed on report?

I got a letter today from Northstar Location Services- the debt is valid. Barclay charged off an account after I was two months late. I was like "yay I have money to pay you" "oh your account is charged off". 

So. anyway. I got a letter from Northstar today that I owe $1,811.85. I don't actually know how I owe that much because the account was $1,300 when it was charged off a few months ago. 

It is not showing on my credit report right now (at least not the one I have access to. How do I go about this? I am willing to settle the account in full, but I may offer them $1,300 first. In my letter should I still put "for the removal of the account from the three major CRAs" or how should I word that? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to deal with a collection not listed on report?

You state your terms as a request that they agree not to report their collection to any credit reporting agency.

It is commonly referred to as a pay for NOT reporting agreement.

Message 2 of 4
tangerinze
New Contributor

I want to get this cleared up quickly. Do you think I would be best off to just pay in full the first time around or shoul I make a settlement offer? 

Message 3 of 4
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Insist on paying for deletion, hopefully they accept! If you do settle for lower amount its going to show your record for sometime.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.