Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute Barclay settled account - Barclay sued me - We settled for less

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to dispute Barclay settled account - Barclay sued me - We settled for less

Hello all,

I was sued by Barclay, I hired an attorney and the case was settled for less than the full amount.

I paid the settled amount in full.

On my Transunion & Equifax the settled amount is listed under Balance owed.

When I disputed a month ago - The items came back verified.

Question: I understand I can dispute on Balance owed but since I disputed before. Do I send the settlement agreement as proof?  The account does not currently mention anything about settled for less. It just shows charge-off

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to dispute Barclay settled account - Barclay sued me - We settled for less

How long did you wait before disputing? Updates on settlements can take up to 60 days to go through, so if you disputed any time within that 60-day window, you may have disrupted the reporting process.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute Barclay settled account - Barclay sued me - We settled for less

I paid the account off in Feb 2021

The court docket shows the case was finalized by the Barclay lawyers Aug 2021

I disputed online with Equifax lastweek 10/4/2021 - The disputed cameback in 24 hours as verified

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid the account off in Feb 2021

The court docket shows the case was finalized by the Barclay lawyers Aug 2021

I disputed online with Equifax lastweek 10/4/2021 - The disputed cameback in 24 hours as verified

In that case, I'd file a complaint with the CFPB against BOTH Barclays AND the bureaus (separate complaints). Barclays because they haven't properly updated in a reasonable amount of time, and the bureaus because they failed to do their due diligence and investigate a dispute.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.