Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a collections agency by # on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to find a collections agency by # on credit report

Hi, hoping someone can please help. There is a collection on my fico report for collection agency # 593YC00000. It never lists a name of company or phone number to call. I can't tell what it is and can't dispute it bc it shows in collections...just looking for contact info to resolve this. Any idea how to find it? I've even tried googling the # to no avail. Please help, there are 2 separate charges for the same agency I need to resolve..

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to find a collections agency by # on credit report

Start with pulling your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com . they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd   party.   The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Save your money and Don't Buy the Scores, they are what we call FAKO's.

If you haven't already pulled your reports from here, you can do that.  They tend to have more information and are completely free once a year.  More than likely, that's a medical collection.  They often show up that way.  The other option is to call the CRA and ask for the information, they will give it to you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.