Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find address on this CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to find address on this CA?

Hi everybody. I still have not received an address from the lawfirm representing a company trying to collect a debt. The first letter we got about this "debt" was from a law firm also. I sent a DV letter; they responded saying they could not validate and would cease all collection activities. About a month later, we got a letter from law firm #2. Sent them a DV, they sued us. It's my long story posted here. My question is, how can I get the address for the company who owns (I guess) this alleged debt? The law firm refuses to give me ANY info on this company at all. The name is Palisades Acquisition XVI LLC. Apparently, it is not the same as Palisades Collections. I have googled them and get lots of stuff about them suing other people, Maybe I'm just dumb? On a rip-off report website, I found this address:

125 South Wacker Drive Suite 400
Chicago, Illinois, 46544

Should I send something to them here? A DV? A cease and desist? They have violated tons of FDCPA rules. The lawsuit has been dismissed without prejudice by the law firm. Guess they are hoping to get enough info to sue again? Perhaps it's so old they can't find anything? DH has never done business with the supposed OC; well, not since I've known him (13 yrs). I'm thinking it's bogus since they won't give any validation docs. Should I just let it go until the law firm makes another move? We're fighting them about PP for the hard pull they did.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to find address on this CA?

Is this debt beyond your state SOL?

In their dunning letter, the CA or lawyer must have provided you with the name of the current creditor (FDCPA 809(a)(2)) and acknowledged your right to demand "the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor" (FDCPA 809(a)(5)).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have never received ONE piece of info on this supposed debt. We DV'd the first law firm. We DV'd the second law firm. We sent numerous letters CMRRR requesting the validation documents including address of OC. I asked lawyers TWICE in person at two different court dates for the address. Nothing from them. I don't know how old this debt is since they will not tell me anything. SOL would be six years, and there's NO WAY we've had a $5000 debt within that time.

Yes, the dunning letter includes this notice, however, I have never received an answer to my request for such. It says current creditor is Palisades Acquisitions XVI. The first law firm said that was the creditor as well. When DH received the summons, he called the law firm (I wasn't home at the time) to ask what was up with it and they told him the OC was Fifth Third Bank. He has never had any account with them and never had any notice from them either. Nothing related to this is on his CR either and the only inq is from law firm #2.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buzzymom, Is anyone reporting?  An answer to a DV  must have the name of the OC and contact info!!!   Palisades is a CA.  Many CAs will have an attorney try to sue....hoping that you will just pay them. This may not even be DH's debt.

If DH says that he never had an account with Fith Third Bank................I would contact your police dept.  Ask if they do ID THEFT reports.    Some do not. If they do not go to www.ftc.gov     get the forms there!

If anyone is reporting this debt   dispute it and send a copy of the police report!!!   You can also mail a copy to any new lawyer that sends you a dunning letter.

If they try to file suit....answer the summons stating ID THEFT.......go to court & file a counter suit!!!  Use the police report!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-15-2008 10:39 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy, no one is reporting this debt. The very first dunning letter states Palisades is current creditor with no contact info. We filed sworn denial in answer to summons, and then did go to court twice. We wanted to speak before the judge but lawyer always took us to the hallway. Also filed counterclaim but the lawyer said he couldn't accept it for his client and refused to give me the address to send it. The lawyer dismissed without prejudice.

Should we just drop it? Afraid they will just switch lawyers again. The first lawyer sent a "we will cease collection efforts" letter after receving my DV. This was one month before the 2nd lawyer's dunning letter.

Go ahead and file ID theft?

Message Edited by Bzzzymom on 11-16-2008 01:06 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would file ID THEFT.  this way if they sell it to another attorney  you are ready. They could try to file but any court would dismiss.  Also if you mail the police report to any CA or attorney CMRRR   you would win a counter suit. Just insist on going to court!   No judge would let them get away with it.  It could be considered harassment
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about court: both times I've gone the judge is reading the docket and doing the default things first. Then the lawyer always says he will take everyone out to the hall to discuss or whatever. When do I get to talk to the judge? Do I stand up right then and say, "Excuse me your honor, I don't wish to see him in the hall? We're here now and ready to have the hearing." or what?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.