cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find investigation start date on Experian???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to find investigation start date on Experian???

I sent all the info on both DV attempts, gc's, etc to Experian, requesting deletion of the fake ACS account in early May. I'm ticked off, mad, angry and peeved.. I very clearly said in my letter, this line was highlighted, bolded AND underlined : I AM NOT REQUESTING VERIFCATION OF THIS INFORMATION, AS IT HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY VERIFIED THROUGH EXPERIAN'S AUTOMATED SYSTEM. I AM REQUESTING DELETION IN FULL OF THIS ACCOUNT, BECAUSE MY ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THE CREDITOR AND RECEIVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE ESTABLISHMENT AND VERACITY OF THIS ACCOUNT HAVE GONE UNANSWERED.

Well guess what?? Surprise, surprise, Experian has instead chosen to start a dispute so they can press a button and wait for someone on the other end to also press a button and "verify" this account.

Anyway, regarding this false, lazy, useless investigation that has been started:

EX signed for the greencard on 13 May

Today, I got a letter in the mail from EX dated 20 May stating that they had begun an investigation and would report back "within 30 days of the date they received my request."

So should I consider 13 May the start date of my 30-day window, or 20 May? I will be peeved if it's 20 May, because that means some bum CSR sat on my letter for a full week before doing anything about it.

Also, for anyone who doesn't understand why their disputes get verified when they know for a fact the information is false, here's the letter from Experian, explaining their "investigation" process...

"When you question information on your personal credit report and tell us specifically why you believe the informatino is inaccurate or incomplete, we contact the source of the information through an automated verification system or letter. We ask the source to check their records to verify all of the information regarding the item you questioned, and report back within 30 days of the date we received your request."

Then, for those of you who get SOOO angry when you sent an MOV letter and got back some crackerjack "call the creditor yourself and find out, cuz we're not telling you jacksh!t, a$$hole..."
it's because they include this little gem at the end of their letter:

"If you question the results of our investigation, then you may want to contact the data furnisher directly."

Really? Is this the "progress" that has been made in all the "major" credit reform in the past few years?? They ignore entirely my letter, my proof of ACS's lack of response, and instead are going to send another verifcation email, and then EVEN IF THE CREDITOR NOR EXPERIAN CAN PROVIDE ANY PROOF THE ACCOUNT IS MINE, they'll continue to report it, and tell me to contact the creditor myself (as if I hadn't already done that) just so the creditor can CONTINUE to ignore me and provide no proof...

I am boiling. Really, boiling.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to find investigation start date on Experian???

I feel your pain... I have been running in circles with 2 CRs, HSBC and **bleep**ibank. I have paid everything off and have proof, yet they report the bull balance! I even sent in proof of it being deleted. I still do not get how the CR's are able to "verify" I owe when I do not and sent proof.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to find investigation start date on Experian???

BTW to find Experian start date, do you have your Experian report number?

Go to thier website and click on view report again

enter your info and you should see status and dates.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.