Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forward information to bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to forward information to bureaus

I made a GW letter to my only collection on my report and I was happy when they agreed to remove it. It's been a little over 2 months since and it's still on my report. Someone suggested that I forward the email to the CRA's. How do I do this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: How to forward information to bureaus

I don't know if forwarding to the CAs will actually work considering a PFD is frowned upon as a violation of the reporting agreement and, technically, the agreement itself validates the debt. Have you tried reaching out to the collection agency again to find out what the hold up is?

If you decide to forward the email, you can print it, make sure the "to" and "from" fields are visible, and mail a copy to each CA along with a deletion request letter. You can also save the email as a PDF and upload it via an online dispute.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a PFD, it was just a goodwill letter. I paid the debt a few years ago and wrote a GW letter to see if they would remove it. They agreed too, it just seems like it's taking a long time.

Message 3 of 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

OH geez- haha - I'm sorry -- I read it correctly but, I guess my brain translated it differently because I honestly don't know where I got PFD from...    

I still say try reaching out to the collection agency again first.  Even a goodwill deletion is validation of the debt.  Credit Bureaus are (supposedly) all about reporting accurate information, so I don't know if it will work in obtaining a deletion based on a goodwill statement alone - unless the deletion was offered due to inaccurate reporting.   When the delete request comes directly from the collection agency, they do not need to state a reason for deletion -- the CAs just honor the request.  A deletion request from the consumer is treated differently and will likely prompt an investigation.  The collection agency could either respond to the investigation with a deletion request,  veryify the collection,  or simply not respond at all - which would result in a deletion.   No telling what the result may be. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CRA policy, as reinterated at several places in their credit reporting manual, the "Credit Reporting REsource Guide," clearly instructs creditors and debt collectors not to delete reporting based on payment of the debt.

The CRAs want complete credit histories, and do not support deletion of accurate information.

It reduces the value of credit reports they sell. 

Sending record of a good-will promise to delete to a CRA is providing them notice of lack of compliance by the furnisher, and is asking the CRA to delete for a reason that is directly contrary to their stated interest and policy.

I would not recommend sending to the CRAs.

I would simply contact the debt collector and politely remind them of their business promise........

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.