Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CC late pmts removed

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How to get CC late pmts removed

I have a CU CC with several late payments over the last few years. They were never over a month, but there are several that were around the 30-day mark and were reported as late. (This is a local CU.)

Without getting into a lot of specifics, it was due to illness that the pmts were made late.Though the payment amount was small, the payments had to be made with a personal check instead of an online transfer, which made it more difficult to make the payment each month. (That's just how this CU works.)

I would like to negotiate to pay off my balance, which is only around $400 in exchange for their removing the late payments from my CR.

Does anyone know if/how to do this?

Note: The payments are now current, and nothing ever went to collections or was more than 1 month late, but those still show on CR and are affecting my score.

I could get a letter from my doctor if that would help. Any ideas or suggestions?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How to get CC late pmts removed

Who is the CU? Were there any more than 30 day lates? Like 60's. How long ago. And your siggy says 750-760 scores with lates?

Message 2 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

What do you mean "I would like to negotiate to pay off my balance, which is only around $400 in exchange for their removing the late payments from my CR."?

I'm sorry for your illness, I truly am, but I don't think the CU will go for this negotiation. If that $400 is your current balance and you're withholding payment simply to try to get them to delete multiple lates, I don't think that will go over well.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 6
Danmae777
Regular Contributor

Wow, your scores are plus 750 across the bureaus with several lates, amazing!

starting fico 8 score 04/2021-EX-618
current fico 8 score 04/2022 -EX 657
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

I have a CU CC with several late payments over the last few years. They were never over a month, but there are several that were around the 30-day mark and were reported as late. (This is a local CU.)

Without getting into a lot of specifics, it was due to illness that the pmts were made late.Though the payment amount was small, the payments had to be made with a personal check instead of an online transfer, which made it more difficult to make the payment each month. (That's just how this CU works.)

I would like to negotiate to pay off my balance, which is only around $400 in exchange for their removing the late payments from my CR.

Does anyone know if/how to do this?

Note: The payments are now current, and nothing ever went to collections or was more than 1 month late, but those still show on CR and are affecting my score.

I could get a letter from my doctor if that would help. Any ideas or suggestions?

@bichonmom

Please refrain from cross-posting in multiple areas of the forums. Since you already have an existing topic in the Rebuilding Your Credit section (which has been restored from being previously blanked out), it is unnecessary to post the same exact thread elsewhere, especially when members have already replied to your topic. Cross-posting/multiple threads on the same subject is not allowed per the myFICO Forums TOS. As such, the duplicate thread has been removed.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

They are not going to negotiate any removal for a discount on paying the balance off as the account has not gone severely delinquent or COed. You need to keep up the payments on it until its paid so no further lates are incurred and as to the lates you need to request a GW removal of them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.