Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a judgement thats not yours off your credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get a judgement thats not yours off your credit report

Hello, I have been working on rebuilding my credit and I have a judgement that's only being reported by experian still on my credit. I have tried to dispute it with no success. They told me I would have to go to my court house and get them to write a letter proving it was not mine. The problem is, the courthouse doesn't show a judgement with the claim number that experian is showing, so they would not give me a letter. I would really appreciate any help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get a judgement thats not yours off your credit report

Did you ask them for a letter saying that they have no judgment on record for you at all (assuming that's true)?  Perhaps for a letter saying that they have no record of any judgment with that number on it? 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me that everything was on a public computer and it was against the law for them to go over anything with me. So I got on the computer and looked for the claim number and nothing came up. I told them about it and ask for a letter and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I told experian about it and they said then I needed to contact the lady whose name is on the judgement and get her to write a letter. I have not contacted the woman because why would someone who didnt know me write a a letter for me.
Message 3 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

Because it's the right thing to do?

What about this: if it's on their website, why don't you get screenshots of the search and provide that to Experian?  I mean, sure, that could be faked, but Experian might be willing to investigate to see if you're making it up if you provide them with any kind of evidence you can.  Does Experian list the court address, or just the address for this woman?  If they list the court address, you could send the court a letter asking what you can do to get this off of your report (or what their credit reporting guidelines are), and about any records they have under either your name or that case number.  Hopefully, you'll get a letter back saying "we're not reporting that and we don't have a case number that matches" which you can then forward on to Experian.  RobertEG or 06 may have some more insight into other options.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

When you dispute an item with the CRA and they "verify" the item, you have the right to ask for "MOV".
You are asking them to provide you with the method they used to verify the account.
That way you have a person to contact that knows something about this situation.
Heres a link to the  MOV letter

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.