Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a pay for delete?

tag
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

How to get a pay for delete?

Sprint sent my past due amount to a collection agency and the agency placed it on my credit.

The collection agency is GS services. Sprint told me today, they will still take the payment in full

and it will automactically update with the collection agency then be removed, I dont beleive them.

What is the best route to go to get this removed if I can, dropped my score on average 50 points.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get a pay for delete?

@Rwil72 wrote:

Sprint sent my past due amount to a collection agency and the agency placed it on my credit.

The collection agency is GS services. Sprint told me today, they will still take the payment in full

and it will automactically update with the collection agency then be removed, I dont beleive them.

What is the best route to go to get this removed if I can, dropped my score on average 50 points.

Thank you in advance

From what I've read on the forums, what Sprint told you is accurate. If they recall the debt, they will delete it- and since the debt collector will not legally own it anymore, it will be deleted as well. Not every debt is so easily recalled, but Sprint seems to be willing to work with people! Let us know how it goes.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sprint is known to recall the debt if you pay them in full. The CA wont have any grounds to collect any longer caused you paid and they remove themselves. Belive that.

Message 3 of 4
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for the information. I will pay Sprint this morning.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.