How to handle these derogatory marks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to handle these derogatory marks?

1. Credit bureau services: $1909

2. Enhanced recovery company: $628

3. Portfolio recovery: $1772

How should I go about taking care of these? Should I just wait them out? Should i contact them and work out a payment plan? Should Iook into getting a loan to consolidate them?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: How to handle these derogatory marks?

Hi @Anonymous  and welcome to the forums 

There is no simple answer to that.

If you're out of SOL, you can wait it out

As long as those collections remain unpaid, getting credit of any kind is going to be very difficult. 

If you're sure you wont be buying a home, car, needing new credit cards, feel free to wait it out.

If you want to improve your life, call them all, negotiate a settlement,  your collections are older, so offer lowest amount and go from there. 

Portfolio will delete after it's paid, not sure about the other two, but certainly ask if they will remove their reporting in exchange for payment 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2. Enhanced recovery company: $628 Is this for a Spint account?

How should I go about taking care of these? Should I just wait them out? Should i contact them and work out a payment plan? Should Iook into getting a loan to consolidate them?

If so. Go to a Spint store and offer to pay it off in leui of recalling the collections.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2. Enhanced recovery company: $628 Is this for a Spint account?

If so. Go to a Spint store and offer to pay it off in leui of recalling the collections.

No. That charge is for when I had cable and just kept the equipment because I was a dumb irresponsible kid.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

As long as those collections remain unpaid, getting credit of any kind is going to be very difficult. 

If you're sure you wont be buying a home, car, needing new credit cards, feel free to wait it out.

If you want to improve your life, call them all, negotiate a settlement,  your collections are older, so offer lowest amount and go from there. 

Portfolio will delete after it's paid, not sure about the other two, but certainly ask if they will remove their reporting in exchange for payment 

Good luck! 

My credit score is right around 600. I just opened my second credit card with Capitol one. 

Are you sure portfolio will delete?

Message 5 of 8
donkort
Valued Contributor

I've read, on many posts, that Portfolio will delete upon payment.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 6 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good luck! 

My credit score is right around 600. I just opened my second credit card with Capitol one. 

Are you sure portfolio will delete?

Yes, they delete after you pay, even when you settle 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios is correct, and they even state it on their website. ERC is a company I dealt with a couple years back. I paid them off and later contacted them through their website asking for a good-faith deletion. They never responded to me but a month or two later I noticed they were gone from my reports completely. Evidently they were fine doing a deletion even if not specifically a PFD and even though they did not reply one way or the other. They definitely did remove their reporting though.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.