Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve this?

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

How to improve this?

so this is on BCU. How do I get the 11 accounts thing to improve? Those are the IIB Ones. And the one negative of the 8/9 is my ETFCU Car Loan that was IIB but it still factors into the 8/9 idk why. B74A456A-E253-4068-B665-DF151CDAA804.png

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
satio
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to improve this?

@Anonymous514 wrote:

so this is on BCU. How do I get the 11 accounts thing to improve? Those are the IIB Ones. And the one negative of the 8/9 is my ETFCU Car Loan that was IIB but it still factors into the 8/9 idk why. 

If I understand your question, you are asking how to make improvement for the 11 accounts that are being reported as past due or in collections?

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have to bring them current, pay them off in full or settle for lesser amounts where that option exists, or otherwise work to get them removed.

In order for the membership here to offer advice, best if you list out the accounts/collection agencies that make up these 11 accounts with the balances owed, credit limits where applicable, and if you agree that the debts are themselves valid.

Basically, more data points are needed in order to give some guidance for how to go about eliminating these derogatories and making improvement to your overall credit profile.

For a previous late payment reported on an auto loan (or any other account) that is valid, the only recourse is a goodwill campaign to the creditor (many threads about GW here in the forums) to request that the item be removed in good faith based on your otherwise positive payment history or unforeseen circumstance that may have caused the late pay to begin with.

If I have misunderstood your question for advice, please elaborate.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Yeah so like I said the 11 were included in bankruptcy. But they're still showing that kind of status.

Message 3 of 7
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Thats the way its gonna be until they fall off in about 7 yrs. Unless you can get them to remove it or the tradeline via a goodwill campaign. If they were IIB, thats a derogatory mark. Not much you can do. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Ahh ok that's what I was looking for! Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Azuieldrago wrote:

Thats the way its gonna be until they fall off in about 7 yrs. Unless you can get them to remove it or the tradeline via a goodwill campaign. If they were IIB, thats a derogatory mark. Not much you can do. 

+1

Message 6 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Bankruptcy removes your legal obligation to pay those accounts IIB, however, bankruptcy will be a derogatory on your CR for 7-10 years after discharge. Goodwill letters might have a chance in removing derogatory accounts but not the bankruptcy. The derogatory accounts will fall off before your bankruptcy, which is the worst derogatory to have so IMO it would be a waste of time to try a GW campaign. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.