Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase my mortgage score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to increase my mortgage score.

I’m currently in the process of trying to build a house/secure home loan. In which I’ll be using the VA Home Loan. But my mortgage score is a 500. I have 9 accounts that are closed and was told to not pay the accounts in collections. I also have some accounts that are negatively impacting my credit, but like the others, these too are old. Should I pay off these accounts to help my score? Also what are some other ways to help increase my score 120 points within the next 6-8 months (if it’s possible)? I need all of the help/assistance for as educational advice I could use!!!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to increase my mortgage score.

How old are they? Depending on the state you live in, they will fall off after a certain amount of time. If you have some closed accts, that are negative, see if you can write them and request them to remove them from your credit. If you have a credit card, pay it off, and keep the amount low every month. Keep it between 0 and 8%. pay the sukker everymonth. You will see your credit score jump.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of these accounts are from 1-5 years old. I’m in Louisiana and they tend to stay on your credit for 7 years is what I’m told. I’m an authorized user for 1 credit card with a 1000$ limit and I just applied for a 500$ secured credit card. I don’t know if paying off these negative accounts will help my score out or not. One of them I disputed with TU and like literally the next day it was taken off and my score jumped 5 points. But my only concern is will the others be as lenient as this one.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

IM in the same boat. Preapporved for VA with 585 score. Looking to boost while building. I will be following this post.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@meshiepoo

Are you able to qualify for a VA home loan with a 580?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! Yes. VA and FHA go as low as 580 and some will go as low as 500.

Reach out to this person Juliann Brown: jkbrown@rpm-mtg.com or Karina Saldarriaga ksaldarriaga@rpm-mtg.com

This RPM Mortgage and the will send you a link to do the application and they will get you done. They helped me a lot and will give you all kinds of helpful info. Got my preapproval within a week of applying.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@meshipoo

Thanks you! Will be emailing them now.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I will give them the heads up and let them know. Good luck and let me know how it goes. And I will let you know how mine goes. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! I’m in the same boat trying to use my VA loan. My middle score as of May 7th was 527. Trying to raise my mortgage score and get some late payments removed from my credit report. How are y’all progressing?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I’ve posted this thread, my score has jumped 80 pits. Middle score is now 554, had some old accounts removed. Applied for 2 secured Credit cards, kept the balances low (under 10%) and had someone place me as anauthorized user on their card. Make sure it’s someone who keeps up with their payments....also continue to stay on your payments and never miss a payment. I’m projected to be at a 620 by July. In which I’m hoping to start the process of building very soon.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.