cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to locate DOFD on TU and EQ. Help? Please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to locate DOFD on TU and EQ. Help? Please?

Hello I just purchased my TU and EQ reports - the two that I have read on these forums offer the DOFD - and neither of them provide that information. I purchased these through myFICO.com. Both CR only give me a 24 month history of my payment status...and the accounts I am needing this information for are pretty old, so I need to go way back. I also purchased my EX CR as well - directly from their website. Thought I read on here that they provide the expected fall off date, but that information is nowhere to be found on that CR either. I tried to purchase the TU CR directly from their website, and I had zero luck finding the link to where I can get the report (only seems to offer the score only, which I am not interested in at this time). Is it just meant to be for me to NOT ever have good credit? I am trying like no other to understand when those OLD lates and/or COs are going to come off and it has proven to be quite a nightmare. Any thoughts about what I am overlooking? Doing wrong? Thanks!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to locate DOFD on TU and EQ. Help? Please?

DOFD is a required reporting to the CRA, and is stored in your credit file under the field code "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Deliquency."

The problem is that consumer credit reports are never a full reporting of all information in your credit file.  Most dont provide the DOFD.

DOFD gets into your credit file under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(5)(A), which in a nutshell, requires the OC, when they do a CO or refer a debt to a debt collector, to report the DOFD to the CRA within 90-days of CO or collection referral. 

You can always get it simply by filing a request with the CRA under FCRA 609(a), which entitles you to any information in your credit file.  Such a request requires pyment of a processing fee under FCRA 612(f), which is currently $10.50.  So just file a request under FCRA 609(a), and include the fee of $10.50.

Reporting of a DOFD to your credit report does not necessarily ensure its accuracy.  The way to legally prove your actual DOFD is to go back to your own account record, find the string of last account delinquencies that preceded any CO or CA, and then find the first delinqueny in that chain.  That is your legal DOFD, and can be used to dispute the inclusion of any CO or CA after 7 years plus 180-days from that DOFD.  Posting of dates to your CR can always be legally challenged.

To approximate you DOFD from listing of delinquencies in your CR, or from counting-back from any "projected" deletion date provded in your CR, usually does not provide you your true DOFD.  It may be close, but is frequently not exact.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to locate DOFD on TU and EQ. Help? Please?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello I just purchased my TU and EQ reports - the two that I have read on these forums offer the DOFD - and neither of them provide that information. I purchased these through myFICO.com. Both CR only give me a 24 month history of my payment status...and the accounts I am needing this information for are pretty old, so I need to go way back. I also purchased my EX CR as well - directly from their website. Thought I read on here that they provide the expected fall off date, but that information is nowhere to be found on that CR either. I tried to purchase the TU CR directly from their website, and I had zero luck finding the link to where I can get the report (only seems to offer the score only, which I am not interested in at this time). Is it just meant to be for me to NOT ever have good credit? I am trying like no other to understand when those OLD lates and/or COs are going to come off and it has proven to be quite a nightmare. Any thoughts about what I am overlooking? Doing wrong? Thanks!!!!

Reports from third party sites (Including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD. At least in my experience these dates are all there.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.