cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a paid charge off from credit report?

tag
GrayStar
New Contributor

How to remove a paid charge off from credit report?

I'm dealing with a paid charge off that is still showing on all credit reports and I want to know what I need to do to remove it. Disputing it is not even an option since I'd tried it several times and it always comes back as accurate. What other options do I have?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to remove a paid charge off?

Of course it will always come back verified if it's valid (which I assume it is if you paid it). That's not the way to go about it.

The only way to get it removed early is via GW removal, which of course isn't guaranteed and is more of a longshot. Otherwise you unfortunately just have to wait out the 7 years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
GrayStar
New Contributor

Well, 7 years is a very long time for it to fall off. I get what you're saying. I have a question, do banks take paid charge offs into consideration when they determine whether or not to approve you for any of their products?

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GrayStar wrote:

Well, 7 years is a very long time for it to fall off. I get what you're saying. I have a question, do banks take paid charge offs into consideration when they determine whether or not to approve you for any of their products?

Oh I agree, it is a long time, but I suppose that's the punishment for letting an account get COd.

As for your question, of course they do. Lenders take everything into account: credit age, amount of debt, number of accounts with balances, number of inquiries, late payments, charge offs (both paid and unpaid), collections, presence of BK, income, etc.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
GrayStar
New Contributor

Looks like I got some cleaning up to do for the next few years :-)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.