Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the "disputed late payment: person (ME) disagrees with outcome"

tag
JNesbit89
Contributor

How to remove the "disputed late payment: person (ME) disagrees with outcome"

A few years ago I literally issued 2 different goodwill letters to two separate credit banks, trying to remove a few late payments. I did it via mail, as nice a possible following templates online, and sent maybe 3 over the course of a few months. Not only did the response I receive say "We checked and nothing was wrong, everything is accurate", but on my Experian page an entry shows up saying that "I disputed the late payment". I DID NOT dispute! I need to remove this lie.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to remove the "disputed late payment: person (ME) disagrees with outcome"

If you ask Experian or any of the bureaus to remove the dispute they will.

In the future do not use template letters to try and get a goodwill deletion of late payments.  It almost never works.  A well tailored letter with facts and specifics to your situation has a better chance   Template letters from the internet merely say "I am trying to repair my credit and you are messing me up" instead of I had a difficult situation and would like some assistance please.

Message 2 of 3
JNesbit89
Contributor

Re: How to remove the "disputed late payment: person (ME) disagrees with outcome"

Thank you, I will look into the Experian site and see how one "removes" the "dispute" itself, since I hadn't been disputing. However, if I tell them "I was really just sending them a goodwill letter to have them remove a likely accurate late payment", will CRAs like Experian be pissed?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.