Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Variation in Score "Reports"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge Variation in Score "Reports"

After reading some threads here, I signed up for Credit Check Total to track my scores during credit rebuilding. It's been a pretty good tool, and I've grown really fond of it.

I also briefly forgot I was previously on Equifax, and that Mint gives a score update. Once I got my Cap1 credit card, I also began using their Credit Wise tool.

I have vastly different scores across all three.

CCT tells me my Fico8 score is at 660 (Cat Very Happy) up from 590 just a few short months ago. (This would be less believable if I didn't have four bogus derogatory remarks removed in the past month). All three reports when pulled a few weeks ago showed TU - 605, EX - 635, EQ - 601 (TU and EQ had not yet updated the most recent disputed derogtaory remarks)

Equifax.com tells me I'm at 572, which is only slightly better than I was in August. All three scores on Equifax.com were lower than on CCT.

Mint has me at 566.

Cap1 Credit Wise has me at an average of 625. 

This is so frustrating! I use CCT more often, because of the amount of detail and how quickly updates to EX posted. 

3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Huge Variation in Score "Reports"

Creditwise isn't a Fico score. I think EQ provides a non-Fico score as well. Have no clue about Mint. Rely on the CCT scores
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading some threads here, I signed up for Credit Check Total to track my scores during credit rebuilding. It's been a pretty good tool, and I've grown really fond of it.

I also briefly forgot I was previously on Equifax, and that Mint gives a score update. Once I got my Cap1 credit card, I also began using their Credit Wise tool.

CCT tells me my Fico8 score is at 660 (Cat Very Happy) up from 590 just a few short months ago. (This would be less believable if I didn't have four bogus derogatory remarks removed in the past month). All three reports when pulled a few weeks ago showed TU - 605, EX - 635, EQ - 601 (TU and EQ had not yet updated the most recent disputed derogtaory remarks)

Equifax.com tells me I'm at 572, which is only slightly better than I was in August. All three scores on Equifax.com were lower than on CCT.

Mint has me at 566.

This is so frustrating! I use CCT more often, because of the amount of detail and how quickly updates to EX posted. 

These are all FAKO (or Vantage) scores. Pay no attention to them as they are not usd by lenders. Only refer to CCT or MyFICO for scores.

If you do not see "FICO" prominantly displayed anywhere, you can be assured that you are looking at a FAKO score, and its worthless.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mint has me at 566.

These are all FAKO (or Vantage) scores. Pay no attention to them as they are not usd by lenders. Only refer to CCT or MyFICO for scores.

If you do not see "FICO" prominantly displayed anywhere, you can be assured that you are looking at a FAKO score, and its worthless.

Thank you! I thought the FICO 8 over each score carried more weight and should be trusted more than the others. I was quite a bit nervous, though, that I was getting my hopes up. With almost a 100pt difference, with the one I was mostly leaning on being the better of all the scores, I felt almost certain something must be wrong with the CCT scores.

Thank you again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.