Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge score increase expected by April 30th

tag
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

Huge score increase expected by April 30th

I am so excited, I have roughly 8k in revolving debt that will go to about 50 bucks in the first week of April. Most of my cards report in the middle of the month. According to the fico score simulator assuming I pay off 99% of my debt my score should be 717-727. We will see if that actually happens as that is a huge increase! 

Question is, I have many inq 20+ and still have 1 judgement that is 5 years old(in MN is starys for 7), but what would be the reccomended cards to apply for? I have all garbage cards now. Many commenty ones with 250 cl's, 3 cap ones with 500 cl's, first premiers, but no "good ones."

Salary is roughly 100023 two car loans, 10 year history, AAOA is 1.87 due to 4 student loans that just appeared.

Thoughts?

Current 8-15-2014 EX 642(MyFico) // EQ 676MyFico) // TU 702(WalMart) //
Starting 6-1-2011 EX 452 /// TU 472 /// MyFico.com score

CSP $5k - Chase Slate $4.8k - Trek $4k - Home Depot $3.8k - Fingerhut $2.3k - Ebay Mastercard $1.5k - Chase Freedom $1k - Sams Club $1k - CFNA(Expert Tire) $1.2k - Bloomingdales 1.2k - Amazon $1.5k - Lowes $4.8k - TJMaxx $.5k - Walmart $.5 - Capital One Quicksilver One $1.5k - Capital One Quicksilver One $1k - CreditOne $.4k - Macy's $1.5k - Express $.3k - Buckle $.3k - Kohls $.3k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Huge score increase expected by April 30th

@2000ExplorerXLS wrote:

I am so excited, I have roughly 8k in revolving debt that will go to about 50 bucks in the first week of April. Most of my cards report in the middle of the month. According to the fico score simulator assuming I pay off 99% of my debt my score should be 717-727. We will see if that actually happens as that is a huge increase! 

Question is, I have many inq 20+ and still have 1 judgement that is 5 years old(in MN is starys for 7), but what would be the reccomended cards to apply for? I have all garbage cards now. Many commenty ones with 250 cl's, 3 cap ones with 500 cl's, first premiers, but no "good ones."

Salary is roughly 100023 two car loans, 10 year history, AAOA is 1.87 due to 4 student loans that just appeared.

Thoughts?

Grats on getting your cards paid off. If that judgment is paid off file motion to vacate on grounds its been paid in the court that granted it, if its approved its off your CRs now. You still have a lot if inquiries here it they are older than 1 yr they dont affect your FICO anymore, if they are more recent I would wait until they are at least 6 months old prior to apping. I would get in with a local CU and get a card from them, there are national CUs you can look at as well DCU, NASA, Logix if you are in the west, NFCU if you can get in. The Discover It, Chase Freedom and BofA Cash Rewards are good cards to get as well. You need to look for cards that are going to match your spending habits. I also recommend if you are one who just got Comenity cards because they were SP and you dont use them start paring some of them back by closing, you dont want a report full of junk. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

How do I go about filing a motion to vacate the judgement?

CSP $5k - Chase Slate $4.8k - Trek $4k - Home Depot $3.8k - Fingerhut $2.3k - Ebay Mastercard $1.5k - Chase Freedom $1k - Sams Club $1k - CFNA(Expert Tire) $1.2k - Bloomingdales 1.2k - Amazon $1.5k - Lowes $4.8k - TJMaxx $.5k - Walmart $.5 - Capital One Quicksilver One $1.5k - Capital One Quicksilver One $1k - CreditOne $.4k - Macy's $1.5k - Express $.3k - Buckle $.3k - Kohls $.3k
Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@2000ExplorerXLS wrote:

How do I go about filing a motion to vacate the judgement?

I would call the clerk of court and ask what format they want this in and if they have a form for it available. Some courts dont allow this and you may have to contact the plaintiff or the plaintiffs attorney to ask if they would be willing to file it. Just start with the clerk and go from there. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

In MN I am told it is very difficult to get a judgement removed. Question is, if I get a letter from the collection agency/law firm(Crown Asset Management) saying it can be removed, can I submit that to the credit agency's and have them remove it?

Message 5 of 11
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

Well I might just get somewhere! Stoked I got a response!

Response I received 3/24/2014 8am

Mr. Schmitz,

Regarding your request, I believe the letter would need to come from the attorney of record.  Regardless, we will draft something and email it to you either later today or tomorrow.  Additionally, we are contacting the law firm that originally obtained the judgment for us to see if they have any input on how to best help you. 

We will be back in touch shortly.

Best Regards,

Email I sent 3/24/2014 7am

Morning Jessica,

I had an account with your company back in August of 2010 that went to court and a default judgment was applied. I am not disputing the debt by any means as it was mine and was part of many foolish decisions I made. Ultimately I did not show at court and assumed a default judgment would be given not thinking of the consequences to my credit report. The account was satisfied in full and I know you are in no way obligated to do this, but I am asking if you can email me a letter saying that we can vacate the judgment so that I can have it removed from my credit report. I am attempting to purchase a home and this is the last negative item on it. Unfortunately public records have a huge impact on the credit score. I spoke with the court house and they indicated that I just need an email or letter that contains the court number and case number that I have listed below and that the item can be removed from my credit report as the account was paid in full/satisfied. If you could do this it would make a world of difference in my family’s lives and mine!

Message 6 of 11
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

Crown Asset Financial called and indicated that in MN a judgement cannot be removed. They indicated they will write whatever I need them to in order to get it removed. Even though the court house files the judgement, if Crown Asset Management sends me something that says the debts not mine or something can I take that to the credit agency and have them remove it? 

Message 7 of 11
2000ExplorerXLS
Valued Member

I received a letter from the collection company that indicated they are ok with removing it on my credit, Transunion already removed it. I submitted the letter online with Transunion but had to mail the other two in. What is depressing is that they removed the public record and my score dropped 16 points.

Message 8 of 11
BatHunters
Valued Member

Thanks for posting all this, I now have a new plan of attack for my judgements. I don't care if my score drops, I just want them off.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU FICO 693 EQ FICO 663 04/04/2014
Goal Score: 720

Gardening since 04/09/2014
Message 9 of 11
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

This is fascinating, especially the part about your score dropping. If that really was the only bad thing on your report, maybe you got rebucketed?

I have a small, paid judgment that is showing on my Transunion and Experiean reports, but not Equifax. It's the only negative on both of those reports. I've been debating whether or not to try to get it vacated. Good luck!

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.