Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield CA

tag
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Hunter Warfield CA

Does anybody have any experience with this company. There is a CA on my CR from them for 109$. I had no idea what this was about until I saw it on my CR. I have not contacted them, but I went to my old apartment complex and they said it was for carpet repair after I moved out. If they can place you in collections, it seems that they(the apartment complex) should have laws to follow as well. I dont remember leaving them a forwarding address. Im not really sure what to do now. Ive went in personally and they told me I'd have to pay the CA.. Well im not doing that. I wrote the apt complex a letter stating that I did not know what the charges were for, never received any letters and asking them to explain. Of course they have not responded to my letter. Any suggestions?
Fico's TU 613, EQ591, EX615
10-3-08
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hunter Warfield CA

Maybe DV the CA?
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 2 of 7
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

Im a little nervous about that, Ive heard they can try to sue. My issue is I dont think they've done everything legal on their end.
10-3-08
Message 3 of 7
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

dilligaf_racing wrote: My issue is I dont think they've done everything legal on their end.
You moved out and didn't leave a forwarding address. They probably tried to contact you and when they couldn't, charged the account off and sold it to a CA or JDB. I can't see anything they have done wrong.

Just DV the CA via CMRRR.

I dispute this debt.

I request validation.

Phone calls are inconvenient at anytime.

Pull your credit reports. Are they appearing there?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree with its meagain...that could be the reason..you probably didnt leave an address, especially if you dont remember. i had this problem once and it was for the same reason. carpet cleaning and some other things. They tried to contact me via mail my ex gf's address but she never told me about it (ugh)..what ended up happening is that they hired an attorney and the whole entire $1100.00 (after additional fees..about 700.00 originally)  was garnished from my paycheck!!...so be careful about that....good luck
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

dilligaf_racing wrote:
Im a little nervous about that, Ive heard they can try to sue. My issue is I dont think they've done everything legal on their end.

I'd DV them. Yes, DVing them can wake them up, but they are already awake because they sent you a letter, and you sent the OC a letter. The CA's letter is likely a dunning letter, and DVing within 30 days as mentioned by the FDCPA is very important. Besides, the amount due is relatively low.

Sending a letter to the OC was a good first step, but a DV is important.

Message 6 of 7
dilligaf_racing
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@dilligaf_racing wrote:

I'd DV them. Yes, DVing them can wake them up, but they are already awake because they sent you a letter, and you sent the OC a letter. The CA's letter is likely a dunning letter, and DVing within 30 days as mentioned by the FDCPA is very important. Besides, the amount due is relatively low.

Sending a letter to the OC was a good first step, but a DV is important.

They did not send me any letter, neither the OC or the CA. Well, I guess I'll DV the CA at this point because its already on my CRA's.
10-3-08
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.