cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunter Warfield - Offer settlement or pay in full?

tag
eeflores3
Valued Member

Hunter Warfield - Offer settlement or pay in full?

I currently owe Hunter Warfield $2556 for breaking a lease at a Camden property. I disputed the amount due because it seems a bit high but at this point I need to get it off asap. SHould i call and/or email them an offer a smaller amount of $1500 or is it better to pay in full? 

This debt has haunted me for years and I've finally save some money so I can do something about it. 

April 2017 - Transunion: 548; Equifax: 552; Experian: 541
June 2017 - Transunion: 574; Equifax: 576; Experian: 582
 photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
 photo nynco_zpssnshgtwy.jpeg
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hunter Warfield - Offer settlement or pay in full?

Is your only concern discharging the debt, or are you also seeking removal of reported derogs, such as the collection?

You can offer both a PFD and a settlement for less, but obtaining a PFD often requires payment in full.

What are your requirements going into the negotiation?

If it has been owed for years, what is its SOL status?

Message 2 of 8
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 8
eeflores3
Valued Member

@MrsCHX wrote:

I had a debt with HW from 11/2012. They would not take a settlement at any point. They wouldn't even take a payment arrangement of less than $100/mo. They're kind of tough in my experience so I'm not sure your settlement offer would even be an option :/

After posting this question, I looked at their website and noticed they have an option where you can pay the full amount or make a settlement offer. I lowballed an offer to see what they would accept and they countered with half of the debt owed so I paid it. I'm relieved to finally be done with this and hope that this will help eliminate any future problems of renting apartments. Smiley Happy 

photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
Message 4 of 8
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

WOAH! Nice!

Well that's awesome! And you can wipe this one off the list! Congrats OP!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was sent to collections by Camden ALSO for a VERY LARGE AMT!!  They harrassed me so bad I called the corporate office TWO TIMES, just to find out she was good friends with the new manager!!  I need to take them to small claims but in the mean time, I need to find a place to live and no one will rent to me because of this...is there anything I could do?

Message 6 of 8
eeflores3
Valued Member

Search for apartments where they accept 2nd chance leasing and definitely save to pay this off if it is your debt. It will be the biggest relief when you do! 

photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comments as your feedback is important to us. We would like to review your account.  Please contact us at 813-283-4534 or rcc@hunterwarfield.com and include the phone number listed on your account so we can best assist you. We look forward to hearing from you. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.