Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I C Systems - collection agency tactic

tag
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

I C Systems - collection agency tactic

Well first I would like to start off by saying never let a collection agency try to intiminate you in any way, dont ignore the letters in the mail. I got a collection letter in the mail from IC Systems from a paypal account that they said I owe $1,200. First off I dont owe paypal anything. I sent the buyer parts for his car and he disputed it that they were not the correct parts and they went in his favor and I am out my parts as well as $1200. Then they come to me for the money...really im not giving them a dime since I didnt get my parts back. So I wrote a letter to IC systems that I want them to verify and validate the debt owed and to cease all phone communication and keep everything in mail writing only. That was back in january. Then I havent heard from them til about a week ago. I got a phone call from them when I was at work and couldnt answer so they left a voicemail stating that I owe them money. Its been past their 30 days and I made that very clear in the letter that if they cant verify the debt that they have to stop trying to collect from me or they are in violation of the FDCA. After that I immediately filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC stating exactly what I wrote in the letter and telling them the letter was ceritified and they never responded with the debt validation and I asked all phone communication ceased because I cant answer my phone at work and that they still called me and violated more of my rights and yes i googled which right they were violating and put that in the complaint to the FTC. The very next day I got a call from them so I answered and it was an executive from their office apologizing for everything and that they returned the account to paypal and are closing the collection account and are ceasing all communication with me and will never bother me on the account again and they are sending me a letter stating exactly what he just said for my documentation. Smiley Happy      Me 1 ---- Collection agency 0.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I C Systems - collection agency tactic

Nice work.  However you should expect another contact from another CA.   Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I C Systems - collection agency tactic

Actually, if your DV was timely, then your cease communication instruction was redundant.

A timely DV invokes a total cease collection bar, of which communications with you are only a part.

Their call was also a violation of their cease collection bar under FDCPA 809(b).

Their exec obviously saw the double violation of both your request for ceased communication and their commincation without having provided the requested debt validation.

They deleted as a way to put their violations under a barrell, and most likely also to prevent you from disputing the accuracy of their reporting under the FCRA.

No reporting = no inaccuracy to dispute.

Nice job!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.