Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Feel Good! Fico Scores Up, Yay!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Feel Good! Fico Scores Up, Yay!!!

My average Fico 8 was 561 and Wells Fargo approved a 27k loan at 9.99% interest for me. Could be better I know but also could have been a lot worse! (I did not really want a new car but I did want a safe car according to IIHS and new was the way to go due to increased safety standards and tests).

Message 11 of 17
dznen1
Regular Contributor

CaptainKangaroo,  LOL! i know what you mean that the interet rate could have been better but, I think that isn't too bad.  I think I might be happy with my current scores if someone approved me with any int rate in the single digits!  Smiley Happy 

I am hoping for at least a 2014-2015, if not a 2016.  It all depends,  I guess.  I say congrats to you!! 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey - at least you're under 10%.   I jumped for joy 3 years ago at 14% - just because I was able to get a new car! (my engine blew!)

Also - keep climbing and paying it off and maybe you can refi in a year or so and get a better rate.

Message 13 of 17
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@dznen1 wrote:

Thanks ohreally7654.  VW is one of the two cars I would like to have. Congratulations to you and the wonderful strides you have and are making in/on your journey.  Your support and encouragement and all that I get from MyFico  community is just sooooo good. 

Thanks so much, dznen1!  I am LOVING my new VW Passat and am so happy to be done with my Saab!  Though it was so pretty to look at, I had it in the shop every over day! LOL!  Regarding the MyFico community, I could not agree with you more!  Honestly, I have learned so much in the few short months of being here, thanks to the wealth of knowledge I have acquired since finding this forum, that my goal of a new home in 24 months now feels well within reach.  It's a great feeling heading into the holiday season, knowing that you're on the right path!  Congrats again, and all the best to you!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 14 of 17
dznen1
Regular Contributor

ohreally7654 You know the saying, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the forst step."  It's great to be with such wonderful travellers who are so uplifting.  The best to you, too.  BTW, the Passat TDI is for me, I think????LOL  

Stay Blessed

Message 15 of 17
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@dznen1 wrote:

ohreally7654 You know the saying, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the forst step."  It's great to be with such wonderful travellers who are so uplifting.  The best to you, too.  BTW, the Passat TDI is for me, I think????LOL  

Stay Blessed

Yes this is SO true!! Smiley Happy  That first step is sometimes the most difficult but before you know it you find yourself gaining momentum, and it's so encouraging!  As an aside, regarding the Passat TDI, I actually have the TSI and boy am I glad I opted for that one over the TDI (diesel).  With all of the diesel recalls that have been occurring recently, I dodged a bullet, there! So maybe look into the TSI if you're going to go the Passat route.  Either way, good luck with your car purchase and do let us know how it works out!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 16 of 17
dznen1
Regular Contributor

UPDATE:  I received my latest scores on 3/13 and my scores are: EX 644; TU 633 and EQ 632.  It is such a blessing to see my scores going up!!!  I started in, I think, Oct. 2015 in the low to mid 500's and eventhough my CCT scores show "Fair", it is still progress for me.  It keeps me encouraged!

Thanks all!!! 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.