Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Really Need Some Guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Really Need Some Guidance

@Anonymous wrote:

Completely understand about credit not being your priority at the time.

Not sure what the best reason for dispute would be.  Just came to me that you could also try creditshield360.com who tackles collection agencies for free as they get hefty settlements from them.

Given that they re-rented in less than 30 days and you never initialed the box for 2 month fee it sounds encouraging to me to deal with the leasing company and collection agency.  I would also google the renters rights in your state because in NJ that wouldn't be legal to collect a 2 month penalty if it were greater than their actual loss.  

Here security is typically 1.5 months and might even be limited to that by law.   I'm gessing it was less for you.

So what's the difference between 1 month's rent and how much security they kept?

Collection agencies are tough to deal with but the fact that they re-rented it quickly should be in your favor.

My security deposit at the time was $250.00.  I looked over the addendum that I signed but did not initial and it seems pretty solid.  They are a reputable company from the standpoint that they own many properties and have been in business for a long time.  So there lease was solid.  Just the person that went over my paperwork was not thorough and had caused there to be some ambiguity because they initialed in the spot and not me.  

I have heard of creditshield360.com.  I actually had forgotten about them.  Maybe I will look into them further.  Have you used them before?  Any outcomes that you can share?

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.