Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am obsessed.....Help please!!!

tag
indyccd
Established Member

I am obsessed.....Help please!!!

I cannot stop reading about how to improve my credit score. I had 3 credit cards I paid off and 3 medical accounts I paid off. I am a single mom and I really want to buy a house soon. My tu score is 544 I called and paid Portfolio for two credit cards and they only took money out for one. I don't know why. I just want to make it all better. I have good payment history on my car and a secured credit card. I don't qualify for any other type of credit. What can I do to make it all better. I can't stop thinking about it and trying to find a solution.I have a nice amount in savings...about 5000. Please Help if only to ease my mind.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
maponafa
New Contributor

Re: I am obsessed.....Help please!!!

Its Ok, with time and patience your score will gradually come up.  I too am in your shoes and I know it gets pretty frustrating that your scores don't rise as quick as they fall but as long as you keep practicing good credit habits that you pick up on this site eventually you will get there.  I just started this process 2 months ago and I have jumped 36pts by just paying down my cards and I'm in the process of disputing items which I have had some success like 6 deletions on TU 5 on EX and haven't recieved my results from EQ yet but I hope after they update my score will increase again.  Its all about patience now and being consistent.  Don't worry you'll reach your goals  Good Luck to you!!!
Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 2 of 3
indyccd
Established Member

Re: I am obsessed.....Help please!!!

Thank you, I just got a dispute back and it is being deleted YES!!!! That means I will jump again. Transunion says that this was my last dispute....what is that about? My score has went up 20 pts since I started this in December. I just found these boards last week and am soo thank full, just impatient.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.