cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am proud of my progress but what do I do now?

tag
asgor
Valued Member

I am proud of my progress but what do I do now?

Starting in March I decieded to tackle my bad Credit. Experian 534, Equifax 529, and Transunion 541. I have paid 3 collection accounts off which two were PFD, Disputed two collection accounts and got those deleted and  I raised my UTI getting a credit increase on my capital one card to 3000, and opened a Conn's credit account. I am currentely sitting at an average 644 credit score.  I currently have 2 inquiries on my credit and I have 12 late student loan payments from 2years ago or older. All I have is 1 collection account which I am working on negotating for PFD from Credit systems international.  I paid off my car in January and it dropped my score 53 points. What should I do now? My ultimate end game is to get a house in the next year. My debt to income ration sits about 3%. What should be my next move for a credit increase?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am proud of my progress but what do I do now?

@asgor wrote:

Starting in March I decieded to tackle my bad Credit. Experian 534, Equifax 529, and Transunion 541. I have paid 3 collection accounts off which two were PFD, Disputed two collection accounts and got those deleted and  I raised my UTI getting a credit increase on my capital one card to 3000, and opened a Conn's credit account. I am currentely sitting at an average 644 credit score.  I currently have 2 inquiries on my credit and I have 12 late student loan payments from 2years ago or older. All I have is 1 collection account which I am working on negotating for PFD from Credit systems international.  I paid off my car in January and it dropped my score 53 points. What should I do now? My ultimate end game is to get a house in the next year. My debt to income ration sits about 3%. What should be my next move for a credit increase?

Get a small secured personal loan to replace the auto loan, that will get some of those lost points back. Also you should have three revolving accounts.

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The small loan is a good idea, and what efforts, if any have you tried to make on the late student loan payments?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
asgor
Valued Member

Do you have any suggestions to who to go to for a secured loan? 

Message 4 of 10
asgor
Valued Member

I have sent GW letters to my student loan companies and  nothing has worked so far. 

Message 5 of 10
cmony787
Regular Contributor

For loan you should look at Alliant. Lots of good posts on here about them.

Keep killing them with kindness on those goodwill letters. Make sure you are doing emails and messages through their secured email server as well. Plus any chance you get to do a survey with them, always add comments about your efforts to have a goodwill adjustment done on your account.
Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@asgor wrote:

St Department FCU is a good one

Message 7 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@asgor wrote:

St Department FCU is a good one

Agreed.  Also try Lowe,s Walmart and Discover IT (for your tradelines).  Congrats on the progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well everyone has suggested what I was gonna say
Message 9 of 10
asgor
Valued Member

I got approved for Amazon Store card  (800) today whoo hoo! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.