Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so ANGRY with FICO right now!

tag
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: I am so ANGRY with FICO right now!

Hit the submit button by mistake.

It was updated on EQ as satisfactory or paid as agreed.  TU deleted it completely.  EX says it is due to be deleted today. 

Perhaps this is a temporary drop, but I still don't like it one bit.  Update an account as good and FICO sees that as bad.  How stupid! 

Message Edited by Uniqua on 05-01-2008 02:41 PM
Message 11 of 21
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: I am so ANGRY with myFICO right now!

Uniqua wrote:
What I am saying is that it absolutely makes NO SENSE that my FAKO score would rise 15 points, yet my FICO score would drop 26 points.  I can see it going the other way around, but give me a break!

My TU FAKO score told me I didnt have enough prime credit cards which was lowerng my score so if I went out and applied for a CC, my score would sink for the INQ and a new account and possibly my average age would go down, all of which would lower my score.

Remember

FAKO + $15 here = FICO
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uniqua wrote:
What I am saying is that it absolutely makes NO SENSE that my FAKO score would rise 15 points, yet my FICO score would drop 26 points.  I can see it going the other way around, but give me a break!

What everyone here is saying is that it doesn't matter what the FAKO does.  Completely irrelevant.

Do you understand the "bucket" factor?  Sometimes when your CR improves, your score takes a relatively short term drop because you are now being compared to other people whose credit is better than yours.  Do a search here for "bucket" and you'll see lots of posts which explain the concept.  Perhaps that's what's happening here.
Message 13 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

masdeocho wrote:

Do you understand the "bucket" factor?  Sometimes when your CR improves, your score takes a relatively short term drop because you are now being compared to other people whose credit is better than yours.  Do a search here for "bucket" and you'll see lots of posts which explain the concept.  Perhaps that's what's happening here.

All about fruit salads and buckets

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 21
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I KNOW FAKO scores don't matter.  My point is that if an account was upgraded to good-standing and the FAKO score (that doesn't matter) goes up, why would the score that DOES matter go down and SUBSTANTIALLY?  The way I feel right now, I can care less about a bucket system.  This whole FICO scoring system is way out of wack and it needs to be adjusted.  How many brains did it take to to come to the conclusion that it makes much more sense to drop a score when the consumer is improving, rather than increase it?  I know, 2 plus a light bulb!!!! 

Only in America! 
Message 15 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Uniqua wrote:

and SUBSTANTIALLY?  The way I feel right now, I can care less about a bucket system.  This whole FICO scoring system is way out of wack and it needs to be adjusted.

Console yourself with the fact that it is probably way more accurate than the human clinical trials that were run to approve the pharmaceuticals we all use   Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 21
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Midnight, I think I may need some pharmaceuticals after all of this!

Is it Friday yet?  I need a martini -- right before I give Mr. Isaac a piece of my mind!!!   
Message 17 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Uniqua wrote:

Is it Friday yet?  I need a martini -- right before I give Mr. Isaac a piece of my mind!!!   

We tend to use Ficotini's here  Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 21
marty56
Super Contributor

I am hardly an expert on buckets and I am not 100% sure they do exists but I think they have helped my score.

I view score buckets as taking a pint of water/beer/whaever and poring ino a smaller bucket and then into a larger one.  They second buckets looks like it has less but it can hold much more in the long run.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 19 of 21
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Hmmm, on second thoughts, I think I will learn about this "bucket" system, marty.  You make it sound pretty gosh darn interesting. 

Midnight, today, I'd rather have a FAKOtini.  Let's see how I feel in a week. 

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy  I was angry, but you guys have made me feel much better.  Thank you!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.