Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am so mad!!! What can I do?

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I am so mad!!! What can I do?

Ok so on September 6, I applied for a checking account online at First Educators CU here in Alabama because I noticed they were building a new branch right by my house and that's the closest CU. Ok well so it had been a month, they pulled my credit on 9/6... never heard anything back. Yesterday I called them to get an answer. A somewhat obtuse and obnoxious woman who handles online apps did not understand that I applied before I started rebuilding (like a dummy) and that in one month my report had changed a lot. She said unfortunately her supervisor had already reviewed and for now would only offer me a savings account and then if I would like to open a checking, I could in possibly 3-6 month. I said well that is fine and dandy, but would it be possible for me to send him a copy of a new report because I pull daily and have had A LOT of incorrect things removed. She said no, but did I want her to pull a new report? I said NO multiple times that I have been working very hard to increase my score and I did not want to have an additional hard inquiry unless I knew there was a good chance I would get it after he knew how much of an increase I had and I spoke with him. She said he'd give me a call "sometime, probably not tomorrow or even the next day".

LOW AND BEHOLD, I log into Equifax today and they did a hard pull yesterday!!!! Are you kidding me? I am SO MAD!!! Is there anything I can do about this??? I did not authorize it! Robot Mad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: I am so mad!!! What can I do?

You'll have to take it up with the CU. The CRA's won't do much about it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 6
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

I would write them a letter letting them know what was said to me. 

In fact, I just *did* write my CU a letter letting them know how I was treated. I made a thread in this very forum about it entitled "my hometown CU sent me a form letter". I got a call from the lady who sent me the form letter. She apologized, and gave me the GW I had originally asked for. 

When writing, be polite and not overly emotional. There is a copy of the letter I wrote in my thread, but just taylor your letter to your specific situation, of course. 

After I wrote the letter, I figured out how they do their emails at that CU. (in my particular case is was first name.last name @ credit union.com) Then I found a list of executives, and sent the letter to the executives I thought might care, including the lady who sent me the original form letter. I should have sent it snail mail, but I was a bit angry, and just did it the quickest way I knew how. *lol*

Good luck!

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to contact the CU and explain to them, "politely", your situation and ask that they fix it in good faith.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I guess I am going to give the manager or supervisor or superhero, whatever he is, until friday to call me back. If I don't hear back friday I plan to call and, as politely as I can, raise hell. Smiley Happy I still cannot believe they did that even after I said not to. 

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Politely raise hell.   OK,,,  I like that one!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.