Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I beat LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I beat LVNV

Sorry to hear about the response they gave you, they folded first time with me. Go with the South Carolina Attorney General as well with same complaint then file same complaint with BBB again. Because they are not a factoring company.

Message 11 of 42
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about the response they gave you, they folded first time with me. Go with the South Carolina Attorney General as well with same complaint then file same complaint with BBB again. Because they are not a factoring company.

So you did a BBB and AG report twice? Can you PM me more information? I included that (not a factoring company) in my rebuttal to their first response. I haven't heard anything back yet and it has been a week.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 12 of 42
giants1986
Valued Member

Do you have the exact definition you used in the dispute with them? I'd like to compare it with what I included.

Equifax - 682
Trans Union - 687
Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent

Message 14 of 42
giants1986
Valued Member

@snsforever916 wrote:

"What should I do here? I want to reject their response but I need some help with what I should include in my response. I am of course not disputing the debt just their reporting as a factoring company. Can I get some advice here? Thanks."

Honestly, there is little to nothing you can do. Since you are technically past due 120 days, they are allowed to place that information on your credit report. BLAH!

You are in the same boat as I am. If LVNV feels that you are capable of paying your debts based on your credit report, they become unwilling to delete, change anything and often times will say fradulent stuff to BBB to keep their reporting on your credit report. Frankly since they are unwilling to PFD, charged a huge amount of interest/fees in the last few years on my account, I've decided that they will remain unpaid. In 2014 they will be off my credit report, passed SOL and if another company purchases this debt then I will settle at that point. LVNV will never get a cent from me. They lied to BBB and lied to me. I wouldn't even mind paying them without a PFD, however they are a dishonest company which I will not deal with. If they contact me in the future, I will tell them to blank off!

On a side note, anyone with a bad past with multiple collections, chargeoffs, lates and derrogs often do well by reporting to the BBB. They removed their reporting from my husbands report.

So because the original tradeline is reporting 120+ days late and not charge off they can say they can do this is what your saying? the LVNV line also says 120+ days late and shows as a loan balance in any credit monitoring tool i use.

Equifax - 682
Trans Union - 687
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly they are reporting as a loan company, and as an open account. I have talked to a class action suit lawyer and he is deciding if he is going to take he case!

Message 16 of 42
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

@giants1986 wrote:

@snsforever916 wrote:

"What should I do here? I want to reject their response but I need some help with what I should include in my response. I am of course not disputing the debt just their reporting as a factoring company. Can I get some advice here? Thanks."

Honestly, there is little to nothing you can do. Since you are technically past due 120 days, they are allowed to place that information on your credit report. BLAH!

You are in the same boat as I am. If LVNV feels that you are capable of paying your debts based on your credit report, they become unwilling to delete, change anything and often times will say fradulent stuff to BBB to keep their reporting on your credit report. Frankly since they are unwilling to PFD, charged a huge amount of interest/fees in the last few years on my account, I've decided that they will remain unpaid. In 2014 they will be off my credit report, passed SOL and if another company purchases this debt then I will settle at that point. LVNV will never get a cent from me. They lied to BBB and lied to me. I wouldn't even mind paying them without a PFD, however they are a dishonest company which I will not deal with. If they contact me in the future, I will tell them to blank off!

On a side note, anyone with a bad past with multiple collections, chargeoffs, lates and derrogs often do well by reporting to the BBB. They removed their reporting from my husbands report.

So because the original tradeline is reporting 120+ days late and not charge off they can say they can do this is what your saying? the LVNV line also says 120+ days late and shows as a loan balance in any credit monitoring tool i use.

The original tradeline and collection agency should not be both reporting. If they are, you need to dispute that through your credit reports. Only the collection agency should be reporting a balance. The chargeoff should be stating chargeoff/$0 balance and should not be factoring into any balance.

I have 3 collection agency who are reporting as factoring companies MCM/Midland, LVNV, AFNI. 2 of these accounts are old CC with those reporting as chargeoffs $0 balance, 1 is an old cell company not reporting and out of business. Since Midland and LVNV are playing unfair, lying and come off June July 2014 the will never see a penny. I am also allowing AFNI to just age off May 2014, because they are no longer reporting and paying them serves no benefit.

I have 1 collection agency who is reporting as a collection agency for an old cable bill. They agreed to PFD and I will be paying them this month.

If your chargeoff and collection agency are both reporting balances you need to address that.

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 17 of 42
RocketChick
New Contributor

Could you please provide me with the definition you used in the dispute with them also? Im kind of confused bc when I google the definition of a factoring company it seems is if LVNV is correct, unless I am missing something.

Message 18 of 42
wreith
Frequent Contributor

Can you provide the information you used in your BBB complaint against LVNV as well?  They are a major thorn in my side.  Any help getting them off my CR's would be greatly appreciated.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BBB worked for me as well!!!!!

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

August 14, 2012

L.... . B......

408 N. Church St. Suite C

Greenville, SC 29601-2164

RE:       K...... M....; Case/File No. XXXXXXX

Reference Number: XXXXXXXXX

Dear L.... B......:

This letter is in response to K...... . M....’s complaint dated August 1, 2012. We apologize for our delayed response. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in 8126. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the servicer of accounts owned by LVNV. 

After further investigation, the following account has been closed. A request to delete the LVNV tradeline will be submitted to the three major consumer reporting agencies during the next reporting cycle. Please allow 30-45 days for this update to occur.  We apologize for any inconvenience experienced regarding this account. Additionally, this account should not be sold or transferred to another company.

Acct No. xxxxxxxxxxxx8126      Reference No. xxxxxxxxx           Previous Owner: GE Capital

If we do not receive additional information from you within 45 days of the date this letter is received, then we will assume this dispute is resolved.  If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374.

Sincerely,

P. H.......

Compliance Department                                     

Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.